photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

4.30.2013

Blog Every Day in May Challenge. Are you in?

Have you heard about Jenni's challenge to blog every day in May? 
If not, you live under a rock you can read all about it here

This challenge could not have come at a better time. Lately, I've had a love/hate relationship with blogging. I've been yearning to share more on this blog than my everyday nonsense. Although I'm well aware that my everyday nonsense is rather epic, admit it, that's why you're reading this right now ;), I've found that writing about my day-to-day on the blog has replaced my other creative writing pursuits. And I'm not so sure that's a good thing. 

The other day at lunch, Steven and I talked about our future --where we see ourselves in five years, what we want to be doing, where we want to be living, how we'd like to be spending our time -- and somehow in the midst of this conversation my passion for writing came up. Steven said something uber romantic that of course I can't remember, but in a nutshell, he said that he thought I was a great writer, he believed in me, and he thinks I should really invest more time in writing. (I mean, seriously, how amazing is my man?) 

Since that conversation, I haven't been able to shake the feeling that I'm missing out on something in life. That I'm pursuing the wrong goals and dreams...

So what does all this mean? I don't really know. I feel confused right now about life and my purpose in it, but when my head is most clear and when this world makes the most sense to me is when my fingers are tapping on the keys telling a story. I want to use this challenge to get my creative juices flowing, clear my head, and simply write more

So (hopefully) that's what you'll be seeing these next 31 days. More writing and creative content and less "filler" posts that do nothing to feed my cravings and hone my skill. If there's a writing prompt that doesn't resonate with me or I find that I just need a break, I'll skip it or blog about something else, but I really do want to use this month to buckle down and just write. 

So please, bear with me these next 31 days as I remove the rust from my writing joints. Who knows, maybe if I get really brave I'll share some more of my fiction with you lovely readers. In the meantime, I encourage you to partake in the challenge as well! You can find Jenni's writing prompts for each of the 31 days here. Good luck!

12 comments:

From Foothills to Fog said...

I was so happy when Jenni posted about her challenge last week!

I started my blog as a creative outlet and to try to figure out more about myself and what makes me happiest. I really like the post topics she came up with, and I'm excited to put my own spin on them. It will definitely be a challenge, but I'm up for it.

I can't wait to read what everyone else has to say too!

PS...so lucky to have your man support you so much! It really is the best feeling. I hope you do share some of your fiction with us! :)

Cara said...

I love this Blog Everyday in May link up. I definitely know what you mean and I need it too!

s|davis said...

Loving this challenge. I've posted about it and am going to try and following through with the 31 day challenge. Jenni's idea is fantastic!

Kara Renee said...

Lol I apparently live under a rock! Good luck on such a crazy hard challenge!! :)

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

I'm so glad you're doing it, Danielle!! I actually totally relate to everything you said about blogging, and that's why I decided to take on this challenge... as much for my benefit as for everyone else's. Cant wait to see what you come up with. :)

And ps - Matthew said something similar to me, about believing in me and encouraging me to pursue my passion for writing, and it just about melted my heart. We are lucky to have such support. :)

Anonymous said...

i have been trying to figure out what to blog about recently and when jenni posted about the challenge the other day i thought it was the perfect thing! i can't wait to see your posts!

Sarah Alway said...

I absolutely love this idea, but I'm not sure if I can trust myself to commit... I'm seriously considering it, though!

Liz Luscomb said...

I have been so excited about this, that I wrote every prompt into my blogging calender two days ago. I have been feeling as though I have been writing in circles for months.

I'm not sure I can commit to 31 days, but I am surely going to give it my best efforts.
I can't wait to see what you write!

Kris said...

I'm in! Or I'll try my best to keep up at least! So excited.
Kris
sissyclosetxo.blogspot.com

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

You've got yourself a great man, girlfriend! =)
My husband is super supportive as well, and it's a HUGE blessing for me to know he's behind me 100%.

As soon as I read Jenni's May challenge post I decided to join the fun! I love a good challenge and it's always nice to step outside of the filler posts, as you mentioned, and really put deep thought into your posts. Good good stuff! I'm definitely looking forward to it!

k8te said...

love this! so sweet of stephen! and i just wrote my day 1 post for this challenge. i plan to follow it loosely. i was happy when i saw Jenni post it bc i've had such writer's block lately!

Megan said...

I love this! I am going to join in this challenge. I would love to blog every day! Who knows....maybe it will turn into something AWESOME! Can't wait to read about your adventures girl!