photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

5.01.2013

My Life in 250 Words

Today is Day 1 of the Blog Every Day In May challenge, and I must say, this has already proven to be harder than I anticipated! Today's topic is "write the story of your life in 250 words or less." I admit, my response took on a different form than I anticipated, but I decided to just go with it. 
The story of my life is one of constant motion. At a young age my family moved from upstate New York to West Virginia. I had an amazing life in West Virginia, but never really felt “at home.” I missed my grandparents…I missed Lake Ontario and Adirondack grape soda. I felt misplaced and was constantly looking towards that next big step in life, hoping it would take me to where I belonged. After high school, it wasn’t hard to leave that small town in WV behind. I packed my bags and never looked backed as I headed towards Lynchburg, Virginia. There, I buried my face in textbooks and novels for four years and experienced an immense transition. I learned about comma splices and Americanos. I grew spiritually. I fell in love. After I graduated I moved to Washington. Moving 3,000 miles away sounds frightening, but it wasn’t. Adapting to life here hasn’t always been easy, but I’ve never had to do it alone –Steven has been by my side. Shortly after my move we got engaged, married 6 months later, and bought a home. Our home. And one day it hit me –he’s my home. For the first time in my life I felt settled and I knew I was exactly where I belonged. My life of constant motion came to a rest.

Steven has my heart. Steven is my home. The story of my life is a closed chapter. This is our life, and the story has just begun.

Exactly 250 words. Mission accomplished. 

Sorry for the mushy, gushy love-fest post. But it's the truth, yo. Deal with it.

14 comments:

Sarah Alway said...

Thanks so much for alerting me to this challenge... I decided to do it! Loved your 250 words post, thanks so much for sharing.

Pamela said...

AWWW soo sweet!!

k8te said...

this is so sweet!

Ashley Voyles said...

Love this! <3

Cara said...

So sweet! I really love this picture. It looks amazing in B&W.

s|davis said...

Perfect post Danielle. :)

Anonymous said...

love this! and that picture is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful post :)

Courtney said...

So sweet! Love your take on Jenni's prompt!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. I think it's wonderful to find someone who makes you feel like that.

From Foothills to Fog said...

Loved your post! I love this topic for the challenge because it will help me get to know all of my favorite bloggers a little better.

What a great love story you have. I am sure it has made your bond that much stronger moving across the country together, and being away from your family.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You nailed it. And I don't mind the lovey-dovey-- I wrote a post recently, coming to the same conclusion about my boyfriend. After 5 years together and moving across the country (and back) together, I've realized it doesn't matter where I am or what's going on- he's my home and my peace. Link to that post is below!

http://beautifuldaysgoneby.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/what-do-you-want-wednesday-2/

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

I think every blog needs a "in 250 words.." So neat to learn more about the people I've been "following" for over a year! (cough, cough you and Cara)

Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective said...

This is so sweet! I loved reading about your life and could reaaaally relate to the themes you mentioned - constant motion is so fitting. I also love your writing style...simple and honest. Glad you've found your own home and thank you so much for sharing!

I'm doing the challenge too and my post is a little different, but feel free to check it out :)
http://thenectarcollective.com/2013/05/blog-everyday-in-may-story-of-my-life/

xoxo
Melyssa