photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

4.08.2013

Puppies, Pizza, and Pie (okay, just one puppy)

I know I mentioned in my Friday Letters that this weekend was calling for never ending rain, and that's exactly what we got. It poured nonstop and apparently Huckleberry and Herschel take after their momma and don't like to get their hair wet. Those two pretty much stayed indoors all weekend and demanded cuddles and extra long naps.  

I ever worked up the nerve to put my rain boots and coat on and slosh around in the rain with Huck... but he wasn't having it!
Luckily after work on Friday I made a stop at a natural food store and scored these amazing dairy, nut, and soy free chocolate chips! There is something really pleasant about baking on a rainy day...

I used the chocolate chips to make a gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate cream pie and ya'll, it was awesome!! People are always so concerned that eating healthy and all natural means they can't enjoy sweets, but you can! Just take all that crap that you usually put in a pie (refined sugar, all purpose flour, processed milk) and replace it with all natural ingredients (agave, almond flour, coconut milk)! 

You don't have to sacrifice flavor to be healthy!! But I digress...
Baking is always a relaxing way to spend a rainy day, but nothing is more relaxing then curling up in an oversized, plush blanket with a good book and coffee. 

Right now I'm reading one chapter of Crazy Love a week in preparation for the Wednesday night Bible study Steven and I attend. With every chapter I am flabbergasted more and more by how much my heavenly Father loves me. And I'm really excited that I was able to use the word flabbergasted on my blog. 

And in true rainy weather fashion, we opted to order pizza rather than cook. Just down the street from us there's an awesome pizza/deli that we don't go to nearly enough. The food is always fresh and delicious! If you're ever in the Black Diamond area I highly recommend stopping there for a bite. 
What did you do this weekend? If you had sunshine I don't want to hear about. JK...no really, don't tell me.  ;)

Oh yeah, thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions of where to find season 3 of Downton!! I found it (for freeeeesss!) and wasted many rainy hours greedily feasting on their english accents and Matthew Crawley's blue eyes. 

9 comments:

A and B said...

Im so obsessed with Downton! Get ready to cry through pretty much all of season three! It is heartbreaking!!

Corinne said...

Ok so I'm thinking I need to try out this show and see if I will get hooked - which, I probably will.

Sarah Alway said...

Ugh, the weather this weekend was awful. I'm currently waiting for Season 2 of Downton to arrive in my mailbox... that would have been a perfect way to spend the rainy weekend!

Kate Costello said...

I love baking on rainy Saturdays!! That is actually exactly what I did this past weekend =) It has always been a way for me to relax and de-stress!

Naomi George said...

Season 3 is so good!

♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

Anonymous said...

We had to drive over the pass this weekend, and it was miserable! Wish we could have stayed in all weekend.
I just start Downton Abbey and I can't get enough!!

Beth W said...

Wait- what?? Where can one find Downtown Abbey for freees? Please do share this golden nugget, as I need to be prepped for the next weekend in which all of my gardening plans are dashed by the rain.
Here's to hoping this week is sun, sun sun.

Kathi said...

Ooh could you please post the recipe for that pie? Looks so yummy!

Chelsea @ Lost in Travels said...

i've heard such great things about crazy love! i really need to read it especially since it's just sitting in our church library!