photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

4.29.2013

Food, Views, and (most importantly) my Crazy Dog

Unlike last weekend, we actually saw some sunshine this weekend!! Around here, sunny days mean a walk to the lake for Huckleberry so he can burn off some pent-up energy. To say he was excited would be a vast understatement. He basically runs around for the first 10 minutes or so like a deranged, rabid beast, and then settles down to a nice game of fetch in the water.  

It's pretty amusing.
Another perk of these sunny days?  Huck tires himself out so nicely that I can easily tidy up the house while he's sleeping soundly, dreaming about hot dogs and tennis balls. Cleaning the floors goes much more smoothly when he's not attacking the vacuum cleaner...

Saturday afternoon, Steven and I decided to head to North Bend to do a little shopping and grab some lunch. I had never been to the area before and even though it was a small town, I thought it was cute with surprisingly spectacular scenery. With all the overcast days here in Seattle you can easily forget how beautiful the mountains are, but on a clear day the views here can take your breathe away.

Lunch wasn't too shabby either.
The dry vanilla bean soda you see above was awesome! It's a refreshing, all-natural soda with only four ingredients. I've definitely found my new go to soda indulgence!

But the best part of the weekend was the discovery that Huckleberry's snow nose is starting to recede now that the weather's getting warmer. I mean, I love him pink nose and all, but he is just so handsome when his nose is sharpie black!
Does your doggie suffer from a case of snow nose during the colder months? 
Well, he/she is not alone. 
Huck feels their pain.

9 comments:

Cara said...

How did you make this little video on the top? That is so cool.

Naomi George said...

I love that little video! I would love to know how to make one as well :)

♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

Anonymous said...

Ah! You came out to my neck of the woods! North Bend = snoqualmie valley which my town is a part of! :) I love north bend but it's so dang windy up there all the time. I work up there so I get used to it but still.

Veronica Lee Burns said...

oh how precious! love the pictures of your sweet dog!

Anonymous said...

watching huck run is really amusing today. i may have watched it like 9 times. and that food looks so yummy!

Kaylin said...

Love the GIF. And love that your dog can tire himself out!!!! Wish my pup could as well!

Sarah Alway said...

Lunch looks delicious, where did you go? Before we started looking for houses in that area, I had no idea how gorgeous the Snoqualmie/North Bend area was! Really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of Huck! My ridgeback sort of gets something similar to that? Her lips get pinker in the winter, if that makes sense ha ha.

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

McCoy's nose is still Rudolph Red but hopefully soon it will change!