photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

4.01.2013

Weekend Shenanigans: Sunshine and Sweets

I hope everyone had an incredible Easter! We had beautiful weather here in Washington that motivated Steven and I to get outside and do some yard work! I know, that doesn't sound very exciting, but I think when you're a homeowner it's actually quite a satisfying way to spend your afternoon. (Although I did get a blister on my pinky from raking...boo-hoo.)

And while weeding I noticed this one lonesome, little flower. The first to bloom in our yard this Spring! I loved it.
And made Huckleberry take a photo with it of course. (Because that's what crazy dog ladies do.) This picture of him cracks me up...
Other than the yard, this weekend I spent a lot of time in the kitchen being inspired by this new cookbook (and stuffing my face). Not only are all the recipes in here gluten-free, but they are also dairy-free (and delicious!). I decided to make the lemon bars to bring to Easter dinner at my in-laws on Sunday and some classic drop biscuits for Steven to enjoy with his breakfast. He misses his bread in the mornings.
Both recipes were a huge success! They taste just as fat and sugar infused as your average lemon bar or biscuit, but they're not! I love being able to have a healthy version of sweet treats and comfort food without having to sacrifice the flavor. :) 
A little more on these recipes and how my yeast-free lifestyle is going these days will be here later in the week (aka tomorrow). Until then, let's keep our heads high and try to make it through this Monday, shall we?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay I can't wait to see the recipes! I am going to have to check out that cookbook!

Cara said...

hahaha Huck with the flower- so cute!! What a cool cookbook.

Anonymous said...

I tried to take a picture of Casey with a daffodil this weekend too, crazy dog ladies think alike! Unfortunately mine didn't work out because he kept trying to pee on it, Huckleberry looks much more cooperative.

Kelly said...

That cookbook looks really interesting! I love almond flour. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

LOL at Huckleberry's expression. I wonder what he is thinking.

Sarah Alway said...

Could you believe that weather?! We were actually HOT sitting out on the front porch! Love it.

Anonymous said...

We have those flowers popping up everywhere now, I love it! I think they are daffodils, right? I am so glad we had that bought of sunny weather.. but we are back to rain for the next four or five days here :( boo.

LWLH said...

My yard is in desperate need of some attention. I can't wait to see some pretty flowers come in.