photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

4.23.2013

Let's Escape

Some people go for a run, others prefer to get lost in the rhythm and melody of music --I escape in between the pages of a book. We all have our own preferred form of escapism and I really don't believe there is anything wrong with that. The world can be stressful, scary, and confusing, why not take a few minutes to simply slip away from time to time?

These last few weeks I've been making it a priority to read. I had been in a dry spell for a few months, feeling uninspired, and I realized that much of what was causing my mood was simply not allowing myself to sneak away and enjoy a good book. 
via
When I'm not reading, I'm not feeling inspired...And when I'm not inspired, I can't write...And when I'm not writing, I'm not living up to my full potential.

It's hard. Life can be crazy busy and it's hard to find that time for you. But I think it's important. It's important to escape from time to time and do something that you love, something that causes you to be the best version of yourself.  

So tell me, what is it that most inspires you? And why not let yourself escape a little more frequently to do that very thing?

...........................................................................................................................
Speaking of good reads, today I want to introduce you to Chealsea, the blogger behind Little Lessons in a BIG City. Chelsea lifestyle blog covers everything from tasty recipes, fun (and super creative!) date ideas, and some great DIY projects! She definitely has some great life experience under her belt, originally an Iowan, she's also lived in the Big Apple and Chicago! Stop by her blog and make a new friend! (Bonus: today she's sharing a delicious recipe for banana chocolate chip pancakes! Need I say more?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I relate so much to this post, if I'm not reading a good book I'm not fully "me," if that makes sense. I think reading is the best way to escape everyday life, and to enhance it.

Unknown said...

firstly - I am so excited to be a part of your blog today. THANK YOU! I love to read ..but I would never make time for it. so I made a goal for 2013 to read one book a month, and with the brilliant idea from a fellow blogger we created a 'virtual book club' to keep each other accountable. I love it!

Anonymous said...

i love reading. i usually read 1-3 new books a week. it is the best way for me to relax.

Zoƫ said...

I absolutely agree - when I give myself time to get lost in a good book, I feel better, smarter, and more inspired! I love to read and I think it truly makes me who I am.

Sarah Alway said...

Reading is totally my escape, too! Although I wish it was exercise... I'd obviously be a lot skinnier in that case!

Anonymous said...

I am a music girl. I go to my favorite singers and relax and then I'm able to write / blog.

Beth W said...

Books for me, too! They're inspired me toward sewing projects and jewelry projects, as well as being a great escape. :)

infinitesparkles said...

I can relate to this post too. :(

Unknown said...

This is so true. And it's funny that when I do allow myself to go a week without sitting down with a good book, I start asking myself what in the world is "off". And then I remember. Sigh. Escaping is so very important.