photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.15.2013

What I Wore // The Girl in the Orange Coat

I have a bit of a coat obsession. If it's bright, warm, and snuggly...I want it. Plus, I tend to be cold all the time, so coats are a good investment, right?

Anyways, before I went to college I snagged this amazing bright orange coat for a measly $14. It quickly became my go-to jacket on those cold morning I had to catch a bus from my dorm all the way to North Campus. Apparently, my obnoxious coat caught many eyes, and unbeknownst to me, I became "the girl in the orange coat."  
A few weeks into the semester, I was introduced to a friend of a friend's, Jake. He smiled and said, "Finally, I get to meet the girl in the orange coat!" and then proceeded to tell me about how his entire dorm would point me out to one another when they saw me around campus and say "there goes the girl in the orange coat..."

I was there walking Where's Waldo. But much easier to spot.
coat: Ross | jeans: Banana Republic | boots: Fred Meyer | scarf: Target
Funny thing is, I became great friends with a lot of those guys, and every time I slip this coat on I have to smile, remembering the girl in the orange coat. Like that song that always brings you back to your first love or the smell that takes you back to the first time you saw the ocean, this coat takes me back to college...some of the best times of my life.

And when the sun is shining just right, I match Huckleberry. 
See? Twins.

I love my orange coat.

14 comments:

Megan said...

Hahahaha, that is so funny! You were famous by your coat.

I love the colour though, so warm! And you and Huck could be twins ;p

I have a bright pink coat and it also tends to catch a lot of eyes.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your orange coat! And obviously my TN blood desperately needs one to keep warm :)

P.S. - Holly and Huckleberry's just-in-the-right-light coats match perfectly. See, I knew their relationship was meant to be!

Katherine said...

That's awesome - it's like a movie where you are the manic pixie dream girl character! The girl in the orange coat! And it's a darn cute coat at that - and perfect that you still have it.

Kirsten Wiemer said...

love the story, and i love this coat.
i have a bright blue coat that i wear often times in the winter.
i often times do feel like a where's waldo.
you're adorable.

K

k8te said...

love this! we always had nicknames for people in college similar to "girl in the orange coat"! i saw a cute orange coat at pacsun (where i hardly ever shop) and was thisclose to buy it! instead i bought a puffer jacket that hopefully won't hold dog hair ;)

Anonymous said...

you look so cute in your orange coat! i could never pull it off. i was always "the girl in the red coat". i finally had to get rid of it this year, went without a red coat for about 2 weeks, then broke down and bought a new one. i think i may always have a red coat.

Courtney said...

Such a cute coat!

Anonymous said...

I really like the whole outfit!

Naomi George said...

I love your orange coat too! :)

♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

Patty said...

Love that coat!! Now spill your secret on keeping dog-hair free!

Chelsea @ Lost in Travels said...

That color looks great on you! I'm a huge fan of toggle coats and just got my first one this winter!

Bev said...

I absolutely love this coat of yours! :)
You always look good in it! :) Beautiful color and person! :) Plus Huck beside you! Come on! :) Too much lol

audrinajulia said...

Hello beauty! love your orange coat or trench coat and the story behind. You look so fresh and pretty with your outfit post.:)

<3
Angie
audrinajulia.blogspot.com

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

Do you watch How I Met Your Mother??? 'The girl in the orange coat' sounds like its one of Ted's love interests. I'm a wee bit obsessed with that show. If you don't watch HIMYM, then ignore this comment completely :D