photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.03.2013

A Space for Man & Beast

I am super late on blogging today...
Sometimes when I'm at work I have to do work. I know, weird.

Now let's talk about my garage...
When Steven and I were house hunting last Spring, we basically had two criteria we didn't want to budge on: we wanted at least an acre of land and we needed a home that was move-in ready. 

We had a fairly easy house hunting experience. We searched online until we saw a place we were interested in viewing, and then called our Realtor to get a key and take a look. We only saw one home we were interested in enough to see in person, and that's the home we ended up buying. It was on one acre, move-in ready, and had the "character" I was looking for (vaulted, exposed beam ceilings, rustic fire place, skylights). I was sold within minutes. Yet, I don't think my husband was sold until he saw the 3 car garage. His eyes opened wide and I'm sure what he was thinking was MAN CAVE.  

While most of our spare cash goes to projects within the home, Steven squeezes what he can out of our budget for his man cave ;) It isn't even close to being "fixed up" but he has definitely meet all the basic criteria for having an official man cave. 

Such as tools,
toys
work out equipment
bar lights
and a beer mural...because every man cave has that, right?
And obviously, no man cave is complete without man's best friend.
Huck has his own bed, bones, and even a heat lamp so he can hang out with his daddy until the wee hours of the night. 

So while I'm busy taking 10,000 food photos for this here blog, Steven's in the man cave shooting darts, watching tv, and cuddling with his pup (although he'll never admit to that last one). 

I think we all need a place we can go to unwind and recharge. Mine is usually in the bath tub with lots of candles and a good book, Steven's is the garage. 

I'm glad we found a home that could give him that.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute that Huck has a place in the Man Cave too! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Huck is too cute - I love that he has his own spot in the man cave! I better not let my boyfriend see your guys' garage!!

Anonymous said...

zac would love steven's garage. having an acre of land is on our list too, which is why we will be moving out of california. zac and i have a deal, i get the house, he gets the garage and yard. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not even gonna show my husband this post, because I'm pretty sure he'd hop to it taking up the little bit of backyard we have building a garage/man cave separate from the house! Haha he currently has an upstairs bedroom as his man room, but Steven truly does have a "cave." Lucky guy!!

Casey A. said...

Great pictures! Making a space your own is always a great project. Huck must appreciate his little place, as well.

Hannah Callaway said...

i love it! when my husband and i decide to buy a home i definitely want him to have a man cave type space. :)

Cara said...

It looks like Stephen has done quite a lot so far!! I'm impressed. Hopefully there is still room for your car when Seattle gets those *snow* storms. What a cute picture of Huck.

Chelsea @ Lost in Travels said...

What a great space! So since he got the garage man cave you got the spa bathroom right?

Anonymous said...

Aaaw I like Huck's corner of the cave.

k8te said...

i love those garage doors, is that a weird thin? to love garage doors? i don't care, they look so cool! and a heat lamp? that huck is a lucky pup!

Courtney said...

How fun for him & Huck!

Sidney said...

Such a good choice - I bet the house is just beautiful based on the look of the garage doors. :)

Allison Taylor said...

That. is. awesome. At first I was think a 3 car garage was a bit excessive, but Steven is genius for turning it into a man cave! You deserve a blogging/inspiration/crafting room now haha :)

p.s. what area outside of Seattle are you from?!

Unknown said...

so fun! i'd love to see more of your house danielle!

LWLH said...

B would die for a garage like that! :)

Anonymous said...

What lovely garage doors you have, Danielle! What makes them more appealing to me was the stain. It just blends in easily with the surroundings. Nothing can better fit a home. :D -->Roxie