photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.07.2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

It's no secret that one of my greatest struggles in life is my sweet tooth. And with the current Pinterest epidemic we're suffering from (I know, first world problems), my struggle has only intensified. 

Basically, when I see any recipe that gives you a form of raw cookie dough you can eat without contracting salmonella, I freak out. Then after I get over the initial excitement, I make it. 

Hence, this cookie dough dip, which was delicious and a huge hit!!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 - 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
1 cup powered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups mini chocolate chips

Directions:
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium hear. Whisk in the brown sugar until it dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.

In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and powered sugar together. With the mixer on low speed, add the brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Serve with graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
I don't even need to say "enjoy" because obviously you will.
:)


Also, I just got a Twitter for this here bloggity blog. I said I never would do it! Never. Never.
But alas, I did. So you should follow along.
Sorry, there simply is no subtle way to drop that :)

13 comments:

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

Pretty sure Id skip the wafers or graham crackers and just eat it by the spoonfuls! YUM!

Ashley said...

My favorite fruit dip!! We eat it with apples!!! Then it is half healthy haha

Anonymous said...

...........................................................................................................................speechless.........................................

Courtney said...

YUM! That is all I have to say because that looks absolutely delicious!!

Sarah said...

Holy moly! Where has this little gem been my whole life?! Pinterest is daaangerous. :)

Sarah Leland said...

Just found your blog, and, on behalf of my significant other - thank you! He is going to absolutely die when I make this tonight :)

Sidney said...

I'm tempted to try this just based on your beautiful pictures! I'm a fan of raw cookie dough (screw salmonella!) but don't eat bits very often. A dip that can give me all the great doughy sweetness is probably the best thing ever.

Mrs Independent said...

That looks amazing! I just added you on Twitter as well :)

Naomi George said...

Omg! It looks so yummy :)

♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

Man, this looks beyonnnnnnnnnnd awesome. I am a sucker for anything containing cream cheese. Omaworrrd, I love it! And the chocolate certainly doesn't hurt.
Have a great week!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

This looks amazing!! I love me some cookie dough, in any form. raw, cooked, in icecream ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog today, hope you stop by again!

Chelsea Olivia said...

I'm the exact same way about chocolate chip cookie dough. It is music to my ears. I risk the salmonella and eat half the bowl sometimes...shameless!

Chelsea Olivia said...

Oh and I was gonna ask, does it taste cream cheesy? cause I am not a fan of that taste in sweet things but I do LOVE cookie dough!