photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.24.2013

On Loving Others.

Via

Steven and I attend a couple's Bible study on Wednesday nights and last nights got me thinking...
about loving others 
and being kind.

I'm not sure why it is such a struggle for us-- humans --to simply love another human being.
To just be considerate...
and thoughtful...

We learn that infants and small children are egocentric.
They don't possess the capabilities to think of another's existence as separate from their own.
To acknowledge that others have needs, desires, and feelings.

We as adults have that capability, yet we choose not to utilize it.
And that's sad.
Really, really sad.

I know that I am not exempt from this behavior.
I practice it daily. Whether conscious or not.
And I think it's safe to say that you do too.

Oftentimes, the best way to love,
to be considerate, thoughtful, and kind,
is by serving another.

So who can you serve today?
And how can you serve him/her?

 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God..."
1 John 4:7a

5 comments:

Courtney said...

So true. I wish it wasn't so hard for everyone to be kind to each other.

I love this quote & picture of Eeyore, he's so cute.

littlemissundomestic said...

love the post. it sure is something to focus on! also Eeyor is epic :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love Eeyore! & I also love this post. It floors me how unkind and inconsiderate some people can be.

Heather @ From Here to There said...

Wonderful post! I need to work on kindness and loving others, not that I'm a mean person, I don't think I am, but sometimes I judge too harshly or I don't show kindness when I'm in an unfavorable mood. I'm joining in a women's biblestudy this week and I'm excited about having little bursts of "ah ha" moments that I can write about. Enjoy the rest of your couples biblestudy! Sounds wonderful!

Kristin said...

So needed this reminder Danielle...I can be so selective in who I am kind to, and will go out of my way for... Love has no bounds~