photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.31.2013

Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. // Hot Spinach Dip

Maybe I'm on a spinach kick or maybe I'm just trying to grow big and strong, but either way I simply don't understand the fuss with spinach. It is delicious and good for you. So if you're not sold on spinach, you should be.

I made this dish at New Years and it was awesome! If you're looking for a easy side dish to whip up for the Super Bowl this Sunday, I'd highly recommend it. And this is a HUGE side dish! This recipe can feed a ton of people! 

Here is the original pin, via Martha Stewart Recipes.
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
1 medium inion, diced
2 garlic gloves, minced
2 pounds spinach (I used frozen, but gave it ample time to thaw before cooking)
1/2 cup milk
6 oz cream cheese
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3 dashes hot sauce (I used tobacco)
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
salt and pepper
Baguette slices for serving (crackers would work too!)

Directions:
Preheat over to 425 degrees. In a large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned. Add spinach in two additions. Let the first batch wilt before adding the second. Cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander and drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.

In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup of cheese; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Back until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. 
Okay, so maybe this dish is no longer good for you once the mozzarella cheese is added! But trust me, it's worth it!

14 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh my goodness, this looks like the best thing ever. Definitely bookmarking this.

megan said...

Oh my, I am so hungry now. :)

Faith said...

this looks amazing! yum!

Pamela said...

Oh my. This looks absolutely delicious!!

Tamara said...

I could eat my weight in spinach dip - this looks DELICIOUS!

Shaina A. said...

Looks delish' :)

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Ashley Barnhill said...

That looks SO good!!!

Megan O. said...

mmm that looks good :)

Chelsea Olivia said...

i LOVE spinach dip, but have never tried it hot. yum.

Melanie Montgomery said...

My mom loves spinach dip, I'm gonna have to make this for her birthday next week.

Unknown said...

That looks amazing

http://carlkatie.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Yummmm this sounds so delicious! I love spinach and cheese so I'm definitely trying this!

Meg said...

done & done. I'm making this asap.