photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.16.2013

Lean Green Smoothie

I have great news for you today! I possess the #1 weight lose secret. It's a secret that doctors and weight lose guru's will never tell you, but it's proven to be 100% effective. 

If you want to lose weight, simply break your jaw.

Basically, all Steven can eat at this point is smoothies, milkshakes, and blended soup. 
And believe it or not, no matter how much you love a fruit smooth or chocolate shake, they don't sound as appetizing when you've had one for 3 meals a day the past week.

Luckily, the doc gave us a great little book with lots of recipes so we can mix things up a bit.
Out of the 20+ smoothies and milkshakes we've had since his surgery, the lean green smoothie has by far been the yummiest.

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1 1/2 cup pineapple
2 kiwis
1/2 a banana
5-6 ice cubes

Directions:
place all ingredients in a blender
blend for about 60 seconds
If you're not a fan of spinach, don't let that scare you away from this recipe! You can't taste it, I promise! It is flavorful and refreshen and even taste healthy, if that's possible...

And who knows, maybe you'll become as strong as Popeye drinking this smoothie and lose a pound or two while you're at it...but probably not :)

Happy Wednesday, friends!

12 comments:

Lauren // Pink on the Cheek said...

OMG that is hilarious! My older brother had his mouth wired shut after a surgery. He was so desperate for food he practically was blended burgers!!
On another note, do you have a twitter account??

ty said...

Haha, I had a bum jaw back in 2000. Lost 30 lbs I didn't have to lose.

Wish I could do that again now.

Unknown said...

Ugh... I just had my jaw wired shut in October and November. It sucked, but I lost a bunch of weight, which I'm ok with. Check out my Pinterest for ideas for soups and smoothies: http://pinterest.com/tiffany_p_smith/

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

After my first neck surgery, all I ate was soup and smoothies for like 3 or 4 days (no where NEAR what your husband is having to do) and I lost like 5 lbs.

It was a full year before I could stomach eating soup again.

Heather @ From Here to There said...

Looks good! I'm gonna have to try it!

Unknown said...

That actually doesn't look half bad! I told my Sister the other night that I just need to get the flu to jumpstart my losing weight process, haha!

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

We've been juicing a lot lately but haven't thought of kiwi! What a great idea. Hope Steven is healing up the way he's supposed to!

Helene said...

yum!! this looks super good! i will have to try this out!

Patty said...

Aw poor guy! But I love that recipe, I'll be trying it soon. Wishing a speedy recovery!!

Allie @ Between Dreams said...

Yum! That smoothie looks DELISH! I'm gathering tonssss of smoothie recipes and I'll have to add this one too ;)

Chelsea @ Lost in Travels said...

Haha your poor husband! That smoothie does look delicious though. I've tried a few spinach ones before and they are surprisingly good!

Leanne said...

This smoothie looks great! Stopping by from the blog hop at live laugh rowe & a new follower!