photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.08.2013

A Little Glam

Shortly after we bought our home, I made Steven take down the light fixture in our master bedroom. I just hated it. It looked old and dated, and it didn't give off very much light, making it pretty pointless. So for the last 7 months our master bedroom ceiling has looked like this.
It took me forever to find the perfect light for our master. I wanted something pretty, feminine, and a little glam, but it also needed to be something that wouldn't break the piggy bank. (Who knew light fixtures could be so expensive!) It may have taken me 7  months, but I found it! The same day I brought it home, Steven installed it (he's so good to me!).
And I love it! It's the perfect sized (and priced) chandelier for our space!
chandelier: Ikea | Installation: my hunky husband

16 comments:

Jess said...

I love the light you chose, and those celings. I'd love to see the rest of the room.

Anonymous said...

"It took me forever to find the perfect light for our master." <-- This was the first part I saw after the page loaded (it scrolled down a bit for some reason), so I was afraid that "master" meant you two had joined some sort of cult. Haha, sorry, haven't had coffee yet. The chandelier looks beautiful. :)

Courtney said...

So pretty! I love how unique your house looks!

Anonymous said...

love that ceiling! so cute!

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

That thing is BALLA! Yes I just used that word. Can't wait until I have a houuuuuseee!!! (And McCoy wants a yard too)

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely drooling over this!!! So beautiful. And can't believe you found it at Ikea, of all places! Maybe I can convince Glenn we need to have an Ikea day soon. Wish me luck with that one ;)

Kate Costello said...

This is lovely!!! I love how it looks set against those wooden beams...definitely worth the 7 months it took to find it =)

Anonymous said...

so pretty. your ceiling is amazing. so jealous of the wood beams!

Unknown said...

oh how beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the combination of rustic wood and feminine chandelier, looks great!

Chelsea @ Lost in Travels said...

That chandelier is gorgeous! And I love your ceilings (what an off compliment right? haha) I Just love the rustic feel it gives.

Anonymous said...

Your ceiling, I love it!! That chandelier, I love it even more! What a perfect buy!
xoxo

Unknown said...

I am completely obsessed with chandeliers! Love the rustic feel.

girlavantgarde.com

Unknown said...

Love it!! Perfect for this room!!!

Holly said...

I recognize that from IKEA! I've had my eye on it for the longest time! Do you love it?!?

Pamela said...

Gorgeous!!