So there you have it, I'm losing my mind. (Speaking of dreams, I used to have these terrible waitressing dreams back when I was a server...where everything would go wrong and I felt extremely frazzled and always cried. They were actually nightmares. But I digress...)
Before I made the transition to my yeast free lifestyle, I researched a ton of recipes that met the guidelines so that Steven and I would still be able to have a lot of variety in our meals. One thing I keep seeing was the use of cauliflower as a rice substitute. At first I was leery (a veggie in place of a grain?), but I must say that this is probably my favorite yeast free/Paleo recipe I've made to date!
Here is the original pin from Stir it Up!, using cauliflower as a substitute for rice in a yummy stir fry!
2 chicken breasts, cooked
1 head of cauliflower, separated in florets
1 small onion, minced
1 large carrot, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
1 tsp celtic salt
black pepper to taste
red chili pepper flakes (optional, only add if you want some heat to this dish)
- Cut the chicken and set aside.
- Cut up the onion, carrot, and green pepper and set aside.
- Take the cauliflower florets and blend them in the blender until they resemble rice.
- In a large saucepan on medium high heat, add the coconut oil, onion, carrot, and pepper. Let cook for about 5 minutes or until they start to get soft. Next, add the cauliflower and chicken. (You want the cauliflower to get soft too, but not too soft to the point where it's just mush.)
- Add the salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Mix it all together.
- Garnish with avocado, cilantro, and lime if you'd like and enjoy!