photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

3.13.2013

Unedited Memories

Shortly after Christmas I received a thumb drive in the mail from my uncle along with a mason jar full of lake water. Water from Lake Ontario where Steven and I got married last July. 

The thumb drive was full of raw, unedited photos from my wedding that another guest had taken. Photos of the small things mostly. The things that are so easily forgotten in the midst of the wedding hustle and bustle. But moments I don't want to forget.

Like how amazing my photographer was to kick off her shoes and walk in the lake with me and Steven to capture some stunning shots!
And how the ice cream truck began rolling down the street a few minutes before I walked down the aisle. I heard the music but wasn't able to see all the kids (and some adults) rush to it, and I think it's simply hilarious!

And my bestie maid of honor! I cannot recall a word she said during her speech, but this captured moment (and the look on my face) reminds me just how hard I was trying to keep myself together. I am so glad she was a part of my day! Just as she has been a part of all my most important days since 1st grade.
And as the festivities were winding down and Steven and I were saying our goodbyes, I remember hugging my aunt and holding back tears just because I love her so much and was overcome with so much joy! (And look at that mop of hair on my head!!! I forgot how disheveled it was by the end of the day! Note to any readers who want a lakeside wedding: you're hairdo with not stay intact. It has no chance against the wind.)

My wedding was the best day of my life. Things didn't go perfectly and, to be honest, much of that day is a blur to me, but looking back on these moments brings back a lot of memories, and I am so thankful for each one that was captured!

9 comments:

Sarah Alway said...

How amazing that you got to see these photos, and what fantastic memories!

Lauren Nelson said...

Such sweet photos! I am so happy that others were there to capture your special day for you too!

Unknown said...

I just found you and your blog from the giveaway you are cohosting. Well I'm glad I did, because we have a lot in common. I'm originally from Rochester, NY near Lake Ontario :), am currently living in West Virginia, and moving to Seattle in June!!!

Diana
www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

Cara said...

Oh my gosh, so so sweet!! I love the pictures in the lake. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! I wish more people would cherish the "little things" in weddings (and in life in general).

Zoƫ said...

How nice to have these pictures and see another perspective from your beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am loving the gorgeous unedited photos!! They really capture how special your wedding was :D

LaLa said...

I recently found a friend on a old myspace account. She had a whole folder of our wedding! It was so great to see another person view :)

Lauren @ Aunt LaLa

SH said...

Those photos are fantastic!

Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca