photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

9.20.2013

17 Weeks

Almost forgot the pregnancy update this week! I made Steven snap a photo of me right after I ate dinner last night. I think I look a little larger in this photo than I usually do (I did just scarf down three pieces of pizza), but this was definitely the first week that I felt like I actually look pregnant! Everyday the reality of that sets in a little more. 

Thankfully though, I am still able to wear all my regular clothes. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible before I open my wallet to dish out on maternity wear. Maternity clothes shopping just does not sound enjoyable at all!  
Baby: Baby is 17 weeks and the size of an onion! Fun fact: baby is now starting to beef up and put on that baby fat that makes them so cute!

Weight: I haven't weighed myself since my last midwife appointment. But I'd guess I'm still right around a 4-5 lb weight gain. 

Symptoms: I have been experiencing bad enough nausea to cause me to throw up 1 or 2 times a week, but I'll take it! Beats throwing up 3+ times a day like I was doing! I am starting to feel better much earlier in the day then I was before. Now, around 12-1ish I feel pretty good. Still feel a lot of fatigue. I'm not sure how much of it is pregnancy related compared to how much of it is contributed to work. We are nearing the end of busy season over here and I'm doing my best to keep up physically and mentally. 

Sleep: Last night I went to bed at 8:30! I feel absolutely wiped out by the end of the day and am enjoying sleep immensely! I am at the point where I have to sleep on my side instead of my back, which I'm not a big fan of. I wake up in the mornings with a sore back! I think you just use different muscles when sleeping on your side? Not sure. But hopefully I get used to it soon so it doesn't become a constant issue. 

Cravings/Aversions: I feel like my cravings and aversions have calmed down quite a bit! This past week there wasn't anything I was dying to eat. I still like my tuna fish and I really enjoy spicy food...

Workouts: Some yoga stretches at night before I go to bed. I started doing it in hopes that it would take care of my restless leg syndrome issues at night. So far it seems to be working! Other than that I really don't have the energy for much exercise and I'm just taking cues from my body. I think after busy season, when I'm not so mentally fried, I'll have more energy to incorporate physically activity into my day. 

Random Thoughts: Not only was this the first week I actually felt like I looked pregnant, but this was also the first week I felt baby kick!!! Such a cool feeling! It literally feels like someone is lightly flicking the inside of my tummy or like bubbles are popping in there. So surreal! The movements still aren't strong enough for Steven to feel, but I hope he will be able to soon :)

5 comments:

Cara said...

The good news is that through winter (especially in Seattle) big sweaters and leggings will work in your favor! You look adorable and your little bump is so cute! Hope you have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Adorable!! I'm 23 weeks and up 26 pounds :(

Sar said...

You're so adorable, Danielle! Love that!

Jennie said...

You look so cute!! I have the same problem sleeping on my side! Not fun!

Unknown said...

YAY!! Feeling the baby kick for the first time is the absolute best! You look adorable!

Rachel (current giveaway: plum street phone case