photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

9.12.2013

16 Weeks

Guuyyyyyys! I am a lazy, preggo slacker! 
Blogging is hard when my mornings are consumed with nausea and headaches.
and work...don't get me started on work.
Work right now = major thorn in my side

But I am back to bring you my 16 week pregnancy update. 
Because I know without it your life would simply be incomplete. 
Baby: Baby is 16 weeks and the size of an avocado! Fun fact: bones in baby's tiny ears are beginning to form so baby will be able to hear soon and be able to recognize my voice at birth! 

Weight: Had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and I've gained 4 pounds! I may have whined a little bit that I hardly have a tummy (I know, terrible thing to complain about), but she assured me it will come! Apparently, right now my abs are strong enough to conceal my growing baby bump, but soon they won't be able to withstand the pressure anymore and I'll wake up one morning to a big ole' bump.  

Symptoms: I totally lost my breakfast on Tuesday. First time in 3 weeks that I've thrown up. For some reason, my nausea has come back full force this week. I never know if I'm going to survive the car ride to work without throwing up. My headaches have been pretty bad, too. So painful I have to lay my head down on my desk and close my eyes for 20 minutes or so and just pray they pass so I can get some work done. I've also had trouble sleeping this past week. I'll get up to use the restroom and then find myself tossing and turning afterwards for an hour or so. Very frustrating! 

Sleep: My sleep is being interrupted by a lot of potty breaks! Yes, I just said potty. And that is NO FUN! Still going to bed pretty early in the evenings to maximize my sleeping time.

Cravings/Aversions: I still love tuna fish. Kind of seems like a strange craving, but I can't get enough of tuna melt sandwiches so far. I wish I craved lots of green vegetables instead ;)

Workouts: Too sick this week, too. I tried to do some yoga stretches last night and I felt so stiff and tight. I gave up within 10 minutes. I know, impressive. Excuse me while I go stand in the corner and hang my head in shame.

Random Thoughts: Almost finished with the book Guide to Childbirth by Ina May and it has been a pretty amazing, empowering read. I definitely would recommend it to anyone who is pregnant, whether they are considering a natural childbirth or not. And once I do finish it, I plan on doing a little book review for your reading pleasure. Oh, you are so very welcome. 

Also, we get to find out the sex of baby in three weeks :) :) :) 

5 comments:

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

What? Your nausea came back? Well, who's big idea was that? :( Boo. Not a new trick at all, and you've probably done this, but I'll say it anyway...ginger ale (only the brands with REAL ginger) worked for me. Tiny sips throughout the day. Hope you have SOMETHING that helps. At least at the end of it all, you get a beautiful little baby. :) (Just keep thinking those thoughts. Lol.)

Kenzie Smith said...

That sucks that your nausea is back, I can imagine that it makes it hard to work or blog! Hopefully you are getting lots of cuddles from Huck :)

Callie said...

Oh my gosh, I totally missed the pregnancy announcement! That's what I get for slacking on blog reading. Congratulations! I'm so excited to read more about your pregnancy - you look great too!

Kelsey Lynne Photography said...

Loving reading your blogs about pregnancy! PLEASE write a book. :)

So happy for you and Steven!

This N That said...

Ginger Ale (real kind) and ritz crackers helped me...Good Luck