photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

9.06.2013

15 Weeks

Week 15 update! Overall, this week I've felt a lot better. My nausea still seems to be subsiding with each week, meaning I'm eating a lot better! It feels so nice to be able to keep my food down!  
Baby: Baby is 15 weeks and the size of a naval orange. Fun fact: all of baby's joints and limbs can now move! Apparently, there is a lot of squirming going on in there and I should be able to feel it soon!

Weight: According to my scale at home I've gained 1 pound. Waiting for a more accurate reading at my 16 week appointment next Tuesday. 

Symptoms: Today marks 3 weeks without throwing up! I think I'm officially clear of that symptom (thank you, Lord!). I still experience terribly painful headaches while at work, but they are always gone by the evenings. Still get nauseous while riding in a car whether I'm behind the wheel or not. That sure makes my 45 minute morning commute to work even less enjoyable than usual! Fatigue. Mostly on the week days. I think work just wears me out and I feel ready for bed right after dinner! Breakouts. Hello, 13 year old, Danielle! I really thought I was done with you and your skin issues! 

Sleep: Sleep is awesome. Can't get enough! I find myself crawling into bed around 9 every night and I usually don't wake up till 6:30. That's 9 1/2 hours of sleep a night! I definitely want to soak up these hours of rest while sleeping is still comfortable for me!

Cravings/Aversions: Still tuna fish...yummmm. I may have broken the one-can-a-week rule this week and allowed myself to splurge a little on that craving. Aversions: eggs. I think it's more the smell than anything else, but definitely the thought of eggs has been making me want to gag lately. 

Workouts: I don't want to talk about it. I'm too tired/lazy.

Thoughts: Ever hear the old wives tale that girls steal your beauty? Well, if there is any truth to that, I think I'm having a girl! I have been having terrible breakouts on my face and upper back, and the whole "your hair and nails look amazing while pregnant" is definitely not the case with me! If anything I feel like my hair is falling out and there has been no positive changes to my nails. This baby is for sure stealing my beauty! ;)


Oh yeah, it's Friday. Happy Weekend, friends! 

7 comments:

From Foothills to Fog said...

You look great! One of my best friends is just a week ahead of you. I think she's having a girl too, not for any particular reason, just a feeling. I hope you have a great weekend!

Kenzie Smith said...

You look great! That's great to hear you are feeling better and not throwing up! A tuna fish sandwich does sound really good :D

Unknown said...

So glad that you are feeling better!

jessica said...

So excited for you to feel baby! I was 19 weeks when the fiance and I first felt definite little kicks- life changing :) now his little kicks are powerful and strong and he loves to flip and roll like crazy! Definitely enjoy the sleep! Hopefully your little one rides a little higher than mine so you don't have to potty every hour in later weeks :)

..:danielle:.. said...

oh man i was SO TIRED all the time. glad you are feeling better and getting sleep! (get it now while you can hehe)

Liz Luscomb said...

You look fantastic! Really, you do! I'm happy to hear the sickness has gone away. It's physically draining after you throw up, and all you want to do is lay in bed afterwards. (at least it was that way for me, lol)

All of the symptoms you have remind me of my first pregnancy. My next two pregnancies had zero nausea. Crazy, eh?

I hope this next trimester goes great for you! :)

Kelly said...

So glad you are feeling better! I think you look wonderful!