photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

10.29.2012

Pinterest Overload

This weekend was a lazy weekend. And I loved it.
I spent quality time with my husband playing boardgames, watching movies, and eating good food. I spent little to no time on the computer and instead read books and caught up on my Bible study. I feel like people need weekends like that more often. Slow, obligation free weekends.
But lately I've been determined to tackle more and more of the Pinterest ideas I've pinned. I've made a few Pinterst recipes in the past, like these Apple Chips, these Peanut Butter Cinnamon Cookies and these Chewy Chocolate Coconut Cookies, but I haven't made a lot of the dinner recipes I've pinned. {I mean, let's face it, the desserts look far too appetizing to give the healthier options even a second glance, right?} So this weekend, I decided to spend a little extra time in the kitchen and make a different Pinterest dish for dinner everyday! I tried to choose recipes I knew my husband would like and ended up going with Skinny Baked Pesto Chicken, Tortilla Pizza, and Homemade Stromboli.
I made everything from scratch, including the pizza dough used for the Stromboli (my first time making any homemade bread ever)! Every recipe turned out delicious and I think my husband fell in love with me all over again ;)

Starting tomorrow, I will share one of these Pintestest recipes with you over the next three days. I hope you're hungry!



8 comments:

Lindsay Colvin said...

I want to come to your house for dinner! That looks incredible, what a good cook!

Kara Renee said...

I love weekends like that! I'm usually working weekends though. :( Hoping many more are in your future!

Anonymous said...

*Wipes drool from mouth* Everything on your weekend menu looks incredible!!

Anonymous said...

I think the standard work week should be four ten-hour days with a three-day weekend.

audrinajulia said...

Great presentation! Looks like you're a good cook dear, I'm hungry now.Wish we're neighbors.:)

<3,
Angie
audrinajulia.blogspot.com

Casey said...

Umm YUM! That food looks delish! Can't wait to see the recipes!

LWLH said...

So what time should I come for dinner? :)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Naturally, the food looks amazing and I'd like to eat my computer now, but really, I just want some of those fall leaves. They do not exist here. It stinks.