photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

8.23.2012

Wedding Week: The Ceremony

Our wedding ceremony and reception were held at my Uncle Jay's house on Lake Ontario. We simply ordered a big white tent, dance floor, and some tables and chairs and *KABAM!* best. location. ever. Okay, I may be biased, but it did turn out to be more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! I woke up to overcast skies and drizzle, but by the time I was ready to walk down the aisle to become Mrs. Turner {still trying to get used to the sound of that}, there were sunny skies and a slight breeze coming in from off the lake.
Of course, my daddy cried when he gave me away, which in turn made me cry as well. It was a great moment though! 

I walked down the aisle to a cover of Christina Perri's song A Thousand Years by The Piano Guys. You can listen to it hear. Yes, it is a song from Twilight. No, I did not know that when I picked it out! Haha. Mine and Steven's song is actually another one by Christina Perri but it isn't very "processional appropriate" so I searched for a more "wedding-esque" song by her and fell in love with their instrumental version of her song!
 During the ceremony, we took communion for the first time as husband and wife. 
And then we kissed.
And then, folks, we danced. 
It was an amazing day! The beautiful lake as our backdrop for the ceremony was such the perfect touch that other decor was hardly necessary! But no worries, I do have some decorations to show you. So stick around and tomorrow you'll see the details that tied the overall look together!


Ceremony and Reception Venue: my uncle's house

6 comments:

Allie said...

YES! so excited for the decorations! the 'little details' always make everything so amazing!

you should probably be in a magazine... you were the most beautiful bride!

Lauren Talon said...

Ah gorgeous!!

Lacey in the City said...

So beautiful!!

Lulu said...

Congratulations on your Wedding! You looked gorgeous!

I can't wait to see some decor pictures, trying to decide on plans for our Wedding in South Africa in which is never the easiest when living half way across the world in London!

Lulu

Elle said...

Congratulations!!! You looked stunning! It looked like it ended up being a beautiful day! So happy for you!

~ Elle @ Barefoot and Beautiful

LWLH said...

Just beautiful and I love the instrumental of that song...so sweet.