photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

8.28.2012

Raspberry Pickin'

Raspberry season has come and gone all too quickly. My arbor, which was once full, is now completely sparse. Do raspberries really have that short of a season? Or is it this stinkers doing?
Caught with his face in the raspberry bushes! This pretty much happened every. single. day. Thankfully, Huck left enough for me to make a pie and steal a few extra tastes of those delicious red berries here and there. Next summer, we may have to fence off the raspberry bushes to save them from our golden, bottomless pit of a dog. Oh Hucklebutt, I hope you enjoyed the raspberries as much as I would have!

Does your fur baby like fruit?? Huck loves it all! Raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, bananas...I thought dogs didn't like fruit!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family used to have a dog that loved peas - she would even shell them herself! We had another pup that loved beans and would pick them himself! My dog now loves to try new foods but has such a weak stomach that anything besides her regular dog food/treats/the occasional slice of cheese she steals from the baby makes her sick. It's almost to the point where we have to kennel her when we're cooking/eating to keep her away from any falling scraps!

Taylor said...

huck is TOO cute. he is a beautiful dog!
and i love raspberries. hands down, fave fruit.
anticipationblog.blogspot.com

Allie said...

i just want to bear hug that pup.

Beth W said...

That is ADORABLE! My lab used to nom kumquats like that, as soon as they landed on the ground. And he was a huge fan of avocados, too (though not berries, if I recall correctly). My blackberries came and went more quickly than normal, too. Hrmm....I blame the odd weather!

Courtney said...

My pup loves fruit! Just don't give them grapes, those are a no no for dogs =)

henning love said...

your dog is darling!! i love goldens, great fmaily dogs. unfortunately my dogs would love to trample through the raspberry bushes rather than help pick them although they would love to eat the raspberries

hjdbedfb said...

Awwwww... your dog is sooo cute :)
Amy x
http://dontfeedthebirdsplease.blogspot.co.uk/

Liz Brown said...

I never thought dogs liked fruit either, but I guess some do! :) This summer I met one who loves cantaloupe and watermelon. He will eat it right off the vine :P

Alyssa said...

Cute puppy!! Raspberries are SO good!! That's awesome that you have a raspberry bush! Silly puppy! (: Found you from the blog hop!

CWY said...

I cannot get over how cute he is! He looks so much like my pup... who happens to also like fruit... and flowers! He picks them himself, too!