photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

11.07.2011

You Will Soon Be Crossing Warm Waters For A Fun Vacation...

Fortune Cookie, from the moment I first meet you I have received nothing but lies. How am I supposed to put any faith in you when all your promises are empty? When I encountered you on this bitter cold November day all I wanted was a generic platitude, maybe a "be kind, and others will be kind to you in return" sort of message; instead, you mock me! As I gingerly broke the delicate, flaky, vanilla sweet goodness in half and slowly unfolded the white slip of paper, hands shaking, waiting for my future to literally unfold...you tell me, "You will soon be crossing warm waters for a fun vacation." How could you possibly know the upmost desire of my heart! To be sitting on a beach under a palm tree with a Mojito in my hand! But alas, I know you lie. The only vacation I am going to be taking any time soon is to no-man's-land West Virginia for Christmas, where my tan will not improve but my wallet size will dramatically decrease. Thank you for the unpleasant reminder that no, we do not always get what we want.

It is COLD in Seattle. Very, very cold....

No comments: