photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

11.17.2011

Huckleberry + Billy Finn & New Blog Design

First off, I'd like to say thank you to Danielle (no, not me silly) for my new blog design. She torn through the html blogger jungle and came up with this design using the colors I had before! Simple and easy to navigate just like I asked! You can check out some of her other design Here!

Moving on..Huckleberry made a new friend this weekend and I caught it all on camera. (My crappy camera! But Steven's getting me a new one soon! WOOT WOOT!) His name was Duckleberry, but we changed it to Billy Finn because poor Huck was getting confused. Meet the friendliest duck on the planet!...or so we thought!
Of course, seeing a duck in my front yard is no surprise, but what is surprising was that when I walked outside Billy Finn did not move. He simply looked at my out of the corner of his eye (creepy) and went back to eating. 

Huckleberry was not sure how he felt about Billy Finn. He just stared apprehensively for about 4 minutes and then decided it would be fun to chase him. So, that's what he did, and poor Billy Finn went hobbling back to the lake. But he didn't swim off, he stayed close by to taunt Huckleberry.
Huckleberry was very perturbed about this, to say the least, because he harbors a deep, dark secret. My puppy, a RETRIEVER mind you, is afraid of the water. He really, really wanted to chase Billy Finn, but refused to swim in that lake. 

Huck's solution: drink all the water in the lake so he can run after Billy Finn.
And so here's Huck, slurping away in between my feet; meanwhile, Billy Finn continues his taunting ways...swimming closer and closer towards Huck and then darting out of reach.

It looked like Huckleberry's plan to drink the entire lake was working...until he fell in of course. 
 New plan: freak out so mommy can't get a good picture and then go inside to sleep on her rain boots. Cutest, yet most defeated looking face :(


After Huck's nap, he went straight to the door like the good little (almost completely) potty trained puppy that he is only to discover some disturbing news.
Billy Finn was back and setting camp on his turf. Huck's newest solution: give Billy Finn the evil eye for another 4 minutes.

Eventually, I fed Billy Finn one of my homemade sugar-free berry muffins. 
He threw up and we haven't seen him since.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my goodness Danielle, your post made me laugh out loud! Loved the ending!! Thanks for sharing your blog and giving us a peek into your life. Your little lake house has great views and looks suPer cozy. Looking forward to seeing you in a few days! -Erica :)

Erica said...

Oh my goodness Danielle, your post made me laugh out loud! Loved the ending!! Thanks for sharing your blog and giving us a peek into your life. Your little lake house has great views and looks suPer cozy. Looking forward to seeing you in a few days! -Erica :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I have not laughed so hard!! This is hysterical... only because I can also picture my golden doing the eXaCT.SaMe.ThiNG!!! And your commentary is hilarious... 4 minutes... slurp up the lake... disturbing news!

Jesslyn Amber said...

This is hilarious!! I giggled the whole time. :)