photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

11.01.2013

The Good, The Bad, The Funny

The Good
1| The chilly weather calls for lots of homemade soup and homemade bread! The smell of fresh bread baking in the oven is simply the best.
2| Receiving gifts in the mail for our little boy from friends and family far away. It feels so nice to know that he's loved and thought of by so many already.
3| Getting rid of our TV and finding other ways to occupy my time. I've been able to accomplish so much around the house without the TV being a constant distraction!

The Bad
1| My trouble child Huck gave me yet another scare yesterday. I came home to a swollen, disfigured Golden who had apparently decided to show some bees who was boss. The bees ended up being boss while Huck and I ended up at the vet. Again.
2| Calling my boss to let him know I can't come into work because I need to monitor my dogs breathing for the next 3 hours. This is my life... Sometimes it's embarrassing.
3| I love, love, love, love the holidays! But not being able to fly home and spend them with my family always leaves me feeling a little hollow this time of year.

The Funny
1| Every night I kick Herschel off the bed and exclaim that he is not sleeping on my beautiful, white comforter that I'm trying to keep pristinely clean. Every morning I wake up with Herschel's gray, leaf ridden body at the foot of my not-so-white-anymore bed.
2| My crazy, weird obsession with sock monkeys. I just think they are the cutest, classic stuffed toy. My mom keeps finding them out and about while shopping and I make her buy them for baby. Hopefully, he won't find them creepy like I know some people do...because he's going to own quite a few.

Happy first day of November! I can't believe the holidays are just around the corner. Man, has this year flown by! I always feel like today should be celebrated, so celebrate I will! It's November, my dog didn't die and I have homemade bread for days...yay! 

5 comments:

Kenzie Smith said...

Homemade soup and warm bread are one of my favorite things about this time of the year!
That is so scary about Huck! I've seen quite a few pictures of pups that have eaten or swallowed a bee :( Yikes!
That is too funny about Herschel! Good thing he is so cute ;D
Sock monkeys are cute! I bet he will love them!
November is my favorite month!

Maggie said...

Poor Huck! I feel like bees always win that battle.

Also, I have high hopes of making homemade bread this year...and solely because of the smell.

The part about the sock monkey thing made me laugh. I have no feelings towards them one way or another, but I love that everyone has their "thing."

Anonymous said...

Glad Huck is OK! Our dogs would totally battle the bees, too. I can't believe it's November already. It feels like this year has flown by!

Namrata said...

Sorry to hear about your trip to vet again...I guess it's just a bad period that it making Huck visit those scary rooms again and again..I hope you are okay and that the bees didn't bite you!
Happy holiday! Enjoy!

-Heather- said...

Oh my, my dog thinks any insect that flies should be eaten, I'm so scared one day she will eat a bee! I have a white comforter too and had to give up on keeping the pup off of it. I can't believe I'm actually considering another white comforter, I love the way it looks at first though! You know, pre-dog hair!