An Update on Life: Bear With Me

One of the photos I was able to recover from my Cabo trip.

I haven't given up on blogging, truly I haven't. Things have just been nonstop ever since we made it home from our little Cabo excursion. We've entered into busy season at work, which means late nights, early mornings, and some tears. (Those would be shed by me...I really hate early mornings.)

Thanks for all the advice on how to recover photos from my SD card. I really have no clue what happened. It's sad that it happened on our very. last. day. But luckily, I was able to recover a few. They're just photos, right? We still have the memories and that's what's important. Or at least that's what I keep repeating to myself when I feel the panic creeping in. Funny how we can become so devastated over something so seemingly insignificant. You'd think I left a limb behind in Cabo, not just a few snapshots of our day. 

Remember before I left I mentioned Steven got a softball to the face recently? Well, it turned out to be a bigger deal than I let on. A few of his teeth were knocked loose, and, a few weeks later, started to change color. He went to the dentist this morning and was informed he needs a root canal on both his front teeth! My poor hubby.... jaw surgery, braces, and two root canals all in about a year's time. But you know what? That man has the best attitude and never complains about it. It would do me good to take some notes. 

Since we've gotten back, I've felt an overwhelming compulsion to simply get stuff done. House projects here and there I've been dragging my feet on, organizing and decluttering all those nooks and crannies that seem to pile up higher and higher every time I blink my eyes, tending to the garden and exercising my green thumb...I just need to get things done. And it feels so good to be doing, you know?

Huckleberry and Herschel say hi. They survived our weeklong absence. I never doubted they would. Those two boys are tough despite being ridiculously spoiled. I think Herschel was a little starved for attention, and Huck was absolutely worn out from running around with his friends all day at daycare for 7 days straight, but they are good now. Very good. I love those cuddly fur babies. 

Lastly, if you made it to the end of these ramblings, I consider you a good friend. 


Cara said...

Root canals are the devil. I'm sorry he has to have 2!! Bummer.

Joey said...

I need to get on the "getting things done train." Also, your poor hubby!! I hope everything goes well & that he's good as new in no time!

From Foothills to Fog said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the hubs teeth! My good friend had a tooth knocked out playing hockey, no fun! I hope everything goes well. I'm glad you were able to get a few pictures back. But like you said, you have the memories of a wonderful trip, plus iphone photos!

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

Hi good friend :)

Anonymous said...

ouch!! i am so sorry he has to go through that! i'm glad h&h survived. bet they are glad you are back!

Alexa said...

Poor Steven! I wouldn't wish a root canal on anyone - that's a time in my life I shed a lot of tears (and a week after our wedding, no less!) My brother had to have one on his front tooth, and while there was no trauma to it, it sounds similar to Steven's situation: the tooth came loose and crooked in a day's time and turned colors! Too bizarre. Sending many well wishes his way!

So glad y'all are back (umm because I kinda missed you and Huck!) but also that you had an amazing time on a vacay you so deserved!! :)

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh, I am having anxiety for you guys over Steven's teeth! Thank god he has a good attitude about it. And I'm glad that you were able to recover at least some of your photos!

Sarah @ Life As Always