photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

7.22.2013

Cat Naps, Firefighters, & More

My poor fancy camera is experiencing some severe neglect. This weekend I even took it everywhere with me (I had good intentions), but then never took it out to use it. I think I'm having trust issues ever since it decided to act up during our Cabo trip.

Anyways, aside from my lack of picture taking (which is very un-blogger of me, I know), we had a really great weekend! Friday was as perfect as a Friday can be since it started with me working from home. It simply can't get any better than that!
Although I realized that Herschel is probably the laziest living animal on the face of the planet. This guy was either napping in my lap while I was trying to work or sunbathing on the front porch steps all. day. long. He needs to start doing kitty yoga or something. He's gonna get chunky.

That evening we went to another BBQ at a friend's house. We decided to end the night with a bonfire, but the shenanigans ended early when the volunteer fire department showed up to put it out!! Our fire wasn't out of control at all, but apparently there is a burn ban in Washington (you know, because we don't get enough rain here or something...har. har. har.). Silly firefighters. Why do you have to ruin all the fun?
But most importantly, I decided not to shower, fix my hair, or put on a stitch of makeup on Friday (because seriously, who does when they don't have to go into work? or is that just me?), and I still felt pretty. Pretty. That is a rare, but lovely, feeling. All of us ladies should feel it more often I think.
The rest of the weekend was filled with running errands and working on projects around the house. I love that no matter where I am or what I'm doing while at home, Huck is always beside me. I went outside to do some painting and Huckleberry settled down right underneath my project and stayed there until I finished. I just love that sweet cuddle butt so much! And I love how much he loves me!
Of course, home improvement can work up quite the appetite, so lots of yummy food was eaten this weekend as well. Like those homemade, gluten free nachos above that Steven whipped up. They pretty much blew my mind and made me fall more in love with my hubby. I kid you not. But you know what they say, "the way to a man's Danielle's heart is through their her stomach."

And speaking of good food, I managed to squeeze in some food prepping this week! Tonight we're having one of my favorites: my yeast free Cauliflower Stir Fry. And later in the week I'm trying a new recipe: Zucchini Lasagna. Can't wait to share the results with you!

Hope you had a great weekend full of lots of shenanigans as well! Minus the firefighters.
Sami's Shenanigans

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we aren't allowed to have fires either. but that's because we live on a canyon that if it catches fire will burn down a massive amount of homes. and i love that huck hangs out. rusty does it too.

Anonymous said...

I spaced about the burn ban going on, bummer the firefighters showed up and put yours out! Huck and Herschel are way too cute!!

A Life Less Traveled said...

I also don't wear makeup on non-work days, cute picture.

Chelsea @ Lost in Travels said...

haha! i can't believe the fire dept was called to put it out! we have built fires on the beach before and without fail, a drunk old man always comes up yelling in korean for us to put it out

Anonymous said...

Those nachos look soooo good.

Stamp in My Passport said...

I've heard A LOT about making zucchini pasta but have yet to try it (probably because I have zero knives/appliances to slice it think enough) but I can't wait to see what you think about the zucchini lasagna! It's my favorite summer vegetable.