I couldn't think of a better way to usher in the beginning of my October posts than by sharing this amazing pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe with you! I love the Fall, and I absolutely love everything pumpkin, so I've made my fair share of pumpkin baked goods over the years, and this recipe has definitely made it to the top of my all time favorites list! So good!
The original recipe can be found at Two Peas & Their Pod.
Ingredients3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
2/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips (the original directions call for 1 cup. of course I used the entire bag)
1. *Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray three 9x5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, water, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
4. Slowly blend in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter between the three loaf pans.
5. Bake for 60 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove loaves from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. With a knife, go around the bread and loosen the loaves. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
*I only had two 9x5 inch loaf pans, so I used both of those and then 3 miniature loaf pans (I believe they are 2x3) to share tiny loaves with friends and family. This recipe makes a whole lot of bread!!
I think the main thing that makes this recipe so delicious is all the spice! One entire tablespoon of cinnamon and nutmeg? The spice to pumpkin ratio blends perfectly leaving you with the most amazing Fall infused treat.
Enjoy! And happy October!