photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

10.15.2013

When Hubby's Away

I was left to my own devices this weekend as Steven abandoned me to attend a wedding in New Hampshire. It was terrible, guys. Like really terrible. I rely on that guy way too much for entertainment... and when he's not around I become a hermit. 

Huck didn't mind. He had me as his constant companion all weekend spoiling him with treats and tummy rubs. But after two days of only hanging out with him, I decided it was time to be semi-productive and, if nothing else, at least take a shower! (When you start to smell like your pets you've reached a new low.)
(Huck sticks his tongue out at all the neighborhood pooches,
 taunting them because he's the most loved.)

So shower I did, and then I took pictures of my bump to send to Steven. I know, my life is exhilarating. And then I thought about exercising or baking a cake or going outside and raking the leaves. All of these thoughts lost out to my laziness and I decided to watch the Walking Dead marathon instead...
Then on Monday, after 3 days of bumming in my PJ's and only speaking to my dog, I decided to tackle a project or two. I now have a painted bookshelf in my office nook and books upon books laying around my bedroom floor. Painting was the easy part. Putting everything back on the shelves is more daunting for me (I'm OCD and insist that all my books are color coordinated..), so those books will probably remain on the floor for another week or two.  
And that was my long, excruciating weekend (that I was certain would never end) without my husband. Needless to say, Steven is back and all seems right in my world once again. So maybe this evening I'll rake leaves or bake a cake or do anything that gets my butt off the couch and allows me to think of something other than how many treats I've given Huckleberry today or how I plan on surviving the upcoming zombie apocolypse...

(..I'm still not going to put those books back on the shelf.)

5 comments:

Cara said...

I refuse to give Bosley those Bully Sticks anymore because they smell like death itself. I love the pic of Huck sticking out his tongue!

Anonymous said...

I love that Huck makes a cameo in your belly bump picture as if to say "hey, dad! Look at me! Look at what I'm doing!" haha.

Kenzie Smith said...

The pictures of both you and Huck are too cute. Glad you were able to get one project done! I really want to redo my bookshelves.. I just, well.. sitting on my butt just is easier ha ha!

Sarah said...

Love the blue but I really love Huck photo bombing your bump picture!

Sarah Alway said...

Did you do any ironing? Looks like that was all set up and ready, too! :-) Those book shelves are going to be fantastic!

Sarah @ Life As Always