photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

11.14.2012

Bainbridge Island

Luckily, when my parents came to town last week we were blessed with a few pretty days here in Washington. Look! Blue skies!
So we decided to drive to Seattle and take a ferry to Bainbridge Island. Steven and I have been to Bainbridge once before, and I just love all the cute speciality shops, bookstores, and eateries! There is just something about small, quaint towns that I can't get enough of!

From custom made furniture and Pacific Northwest art to simple holiday decor, there is plenty of variety in their downtown shopping center. Even an outdoorsy woodmen's shop that Steven loved! 
I should have purchase this two dimensional canvas to hang over my bed! Oh hindsight!
After shopping for a while we grabbed lunch at a diner down by the water and then ended the day buying some chocolate at a local shop {which was amazing and of course I don't have any pictures to show you because it's in my belly}.
My parents stay in WA wasn't long enough! I wish I could have taken them around the area more, but I think they enjoyed this little day trip. {And actually, my dad and Steven were able to go to the Seahawks game on Sunday, so I know that was fun for them at least!} My mom and I spent a lot of time shopping {duh} and doing DIY projects around the home. All in all it was a great visit and I hope they are able to visit again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks so fun! i want to go there!

Faith said...

This looks like such a great time. Love your pictures!

Cara said...

How funny!! We went to Bainbridge this weekend. If you haven't eaten at the Harbor ("the pub"), you must next time you are there. It is amazing. I love walking around the shops too. Looks like it was a great day!

Chelsea Olivia said...

Yay for finally having your parents out to see where you are living! Glad you had a great weekend :)

www.yourstrulyblog.com

Anonymous said...

Bainbridge looks beautiful! If memory serves, I once read a book that was all about this island and it seemed so neat. :) Glad you had an awesome time with your folks in town!

aimymichelle said...

we live in such a beautiful area. i haven't been to bainbridge in a really long time.