photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

2.21.2012

DIY Boutonniere

This weekend I pretty much neglected my computer..
and my camera.
It was nice.
But I'm BAAAAACK! and I want your opinion.
I'm thinking I definitely want to make the groomsmen's boutonnieres for the wedding.
Beacause a) it's cheaper and
b) DIY touches can really give a wedding a sweet charm. Don't cha' think?

So, which one do you like?
1. I like the pop of color that the first boutonniere provides. {Mine would be a more defined blue rather than the teal you see here.} And the baby's breath makes it easy since we will already have those flowers onsite for the wedding. {I'm buying baby's breath and blue hydrangeas from Costco and making my own bouquets for myself and the bridesmaids.}
2. I love the wheat in this boutonniere for a November wedding! And then the burlap..of course! Nuff' said. But where do I get wheat??? Kansas?
3. The final one is the first DIY boutonniere that I found and absolutely fell in love with it. I think the buttons and feathers are so simple and cute. The best part about this one is that I don't have to worry about flowers. I could make these boutonnieres months ahead of the wedding and store them until the big day!

Oh the options!!! I loved having your feedback on the wedding favors {coffee was obviously the favorite!} and would really appreciate your opinion on the different boutonnieres too!


Is my text getting increasingly smaller?? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me...
Strange. Blogger dashboard, stop messing with me. 

5 comments:

Britney @ twenty-somethingwife said...

So I like a mixture of one and two. Maybe fresh flowers in the burlap?

Kristin Harvey said...

These are so cute!!! My vote is number 3. Like you said, you can make it ahead of time and check that off your list. You could find blue buttons since it's your accent color. OR make the ribbon blue? I like the simplicity of it. You've got some great ideas!

Unknown said...

I love the first one! it adds a nice pop of color and since the groomsmen will probably be wearing solid colors I think a bit of color will be nice. but I agree with the first comment, maybe a combination of 1 and 2 might work :)

Unknown said...

The third one is my absolute favorite. So easy-going and simple. Just my style.

Julie said...

I actually prefer the second...

We ordered a similar one (with wheat and hops, a true beer lovers boutonniere) from Etsy, but I found ones similar to the one in your post and figured, hell, I can do that! They are wheat and lavender (one of our colors is purple so that's perfect)... and I might add in a couple other small elements. They were very classy though, creative, and earthy. You can find some on Etsy to get ideas.

Anyway, I'm making those for the groomsmen!
AND, I found lavender and wheat and other such plants at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, AND ACMoore... the cheapest in my area is ACMoore. They're $5 for a bunch of them!

Best of luck!