photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

6.21.2012

Life Lately.

In the midst of crazy wedding planning and preparations life still goes on. And when I do remember to push the stress aside and enjoy myself I realize that, indeed, my life is quite enjoyable! And even though Steven and I are on a tight budget {weddings tend to do that to people} we still manage to have the best times together. It's true what they say, you know. The best things in life are free.

Like our precious, Huckleberry. {Okay, maybe he wasn't free. But you get the idea.} I love to take pictures of him sleeping like this one.
(I don't know how that is even comfortable...)
And cooking together. Steven is an excellent cook :) I know, be jealous, ladies.
(Green onion for some chicken enchiladas. Yum!)
And my quickly growing strawberries in the garden.
(Can't wait till these little guys are plump and red!)
And watching my man do work! Last night he began building a desk for our office.
I think it's good to take time to put the wedding planning aside and enjoy moments like these in life.
After all, the wedding is only one day.

7 comments:

Cara said...

So sweet! You are right- it is nice to step back from the craziness sometimes and just enjoy the little things. There was a video online yesterday that you'd like- just google "Golden Retriever rides in side car". It will make you laugh.

Maggie said...

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the big picture and forget about the little moments! Love the pictures :)

You'll have to let us know how the strawberries are once they're ready!

poptartyogini said...

If you can figure out how to enjoy the small moments during wedding planning, you're in for a very bright future. Love those strawberries.

Unknown said...

I love gardening. Fresh strawberries are the best.

Courtney said...

Can't wait to see the finished product of the desk, I bet it will look amazing!

LWLH said...

Can't wait to see how the desk turns out :)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Right on! Smart women marry men that can cook. My hub is a great cook. Oh, that would make me smart. ;)

Sweet, sweet, Huck. So cute. Sasha sleeps in THE most bizarre positions. I can't figure her out.

I want to see that desk! Cool!