photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

6.12.2012

House Projects

It seems like the to do list for our new home keeps getting longer! I'll tell ya, it's hard to be productive when you're on a budget. There are so many things we need to buy for the house but the expenses of the wedding our looming over our heads. A lot of the house projects simply have to go on the back burner until we get back from the honeymoon. However, being the obsessive control freak that I am, having unfinished projects all around me is really starting to stress me out! 

First, there is the closet. In this post, I explained the weird layout and our challenge of making this the most efficient space we possibly can. Yeah...hasn't really happened yet. Can't I just take this closet off Pinterest and magically make it mine??
And I'll take that dress too.

Also, we have a TV dilemma. Our living room has a large fireplace (see?), and the only space to put our TV is in the corner to the right of the fireplace. No biggie! We bought an articulating corner wall mount for the TV and tried to install it only to find that the wall we needed to mount this thing to missing some important features...like STUDS! {You know, the wooden beams inside the dry wall that keeps the structure of a home standing? Yeah, those are missing.} So basically, there is nothing sturdy inside the walls in that corner to hold a heavy TV...

Let me clarify, there ARE studs in that wall, they just aren't as close together as they should be, meaning we can't hang the TV. Yeah, it confuses me too. 

All in all, Steven and I have a rather quirky home. But we still love it. 

Some projects that I can tackle??
Making a rustic, chic pantry door like this one.
Organizing kitchen cabinets.
And working on a photo collage for the living room. {Which Pinterest has been providing great templates for!}
All photos via Pinterest.

Hope you have a wonderful day! :) 
By the way, only 25 days until my wedding! 
Just an FYI.

7 comments:

Kelsie said...

All of those ideas are awesome. I would die to have that closet, and the pantry door is so cute.

Good luck with your DIY projects!

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

I love all of those ideas! I want a fancy-pants closet, but we are just renters so I will keep on dreaming.

Only 25 days?!? SO CLOSE!!

Holly said...

We've lived in our place for four years and have yet to do any real DIY projects. Or even put pictures on the walls. Pinterest has given me so many ideas - now I just need some follow-through :)

Unknown said...

i want that closet it looks amazing!!!!

poptartyogini said...

The projects will all be done eventually. I love that pantry door! Very cool. Wedding day is getting close. Hurray!!

No(dot dot)el said...

Chalkboard paint is my new favorite for EVERYTHING! For realz! So many things are just made so much better with it.

Liz Brown said...

Quirky houses are the best ones, and yours is going to be awesome and glorious. I was considering those same photo collages myself ... I love how personal they are.