photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

5.15.2012

Happy Birthday {yesterday}, Lover Boy!

Sorry for my absence yesterday. It was a certain amazing fiancé's birthday. 25. Steven has lived a quarter of a century! Old man.

We celebrated his birthday this weekend at my lake house with some BBQ goodness and friends. And yes, there was cake. And yes, I ate about 3 too many pieces. 

But the big birthday thrill came yesterday around 6pm when we got the keys to our new home! 
For everyone who looks good in cell phone pics, I don't like you.

This has definitely been a crazy year for Steven and I. Me moving out to Seattle last July, getting engaged, planning a wedding, moving the wedding up by 4 months, buying a home...so many changes!!! I have been so incredibly blessed it feels unreal. Seriously, will someone pinch me just to make sure I'm not dreaming? Thinking back to just one year ago I never would have imagined this would be my life. That I would be engaged to the boy I met while working at Cracker Barrel. That I would move across the country to pursue this romance. 


Honestly, spontaneity is not in my blood. I never would have taken this step had the Lord not given me peace and strength. He is amazing. And His plans are so much greater than our own.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11

Ah, do not fret my lovelies. More pictures to come.

16 comments:

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

Congratulations on your new home!!! Such an exciting time!!!! And Happy Belated Bday to your fiance!!! xoxo!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

aww, cracker barrel. so sweet. been there many a times. :) you two are adorable.

Cara said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house.

Ashley H said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Awww....it already has a wipe your paws mat for my Grandpup. How perfect.

MOM

Jamie said...

Congrats on getting your keys to your new house!!! That's super exciting! Where's your house?

<3 Jamie

Mrs Independent said...

Congrats on getting your keys!!

poptartyogini said...

Happy quarter century to your fiancé. 25 will be awesome!! I know I loved it. Plus you have your wedding to make it even more special.

Anne @ Cup of Caffeine said...

Congratulations on the new house! How exciting!
I hear you on the crazy year. A year ago I wouldn't have thought I would be engaged, married, and living in a new state. But here I am, checked all three of those off my list!

Kenj said...

Congrats on your new home!!!! That is quite the exciting year you've had!

LWLH said...

How exciting....congrats to you guys!

Kara Renee said...

Congratulations on the new house and a birthday! You two are so sweet together, and I love the story. It seems like a true love story!

Lacey in the City said...

Happy birthday, Steven!!

henning love said...

what a great birthday present keys to your own home!! congrats and happy birthday to your man

Britni Alexis said...

Congrats on the keys to a new home! Can't wait for that day in my life! :))

Jess said...

So many wonderful changes! What a great verse. One of my favorites. Gets me through some of those tough days!