photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

5.21.2012

Chicken Coops and Tree Forts...Among Other Things

The previous owner of our home left some presents behind for us. 
Like this chicken coop in our back yard. 
Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about the chicken coop. Some little chicks chirping around that will eventually lay me some delicious brown eggs? That sounds amazing! However, the building is in pretty ill repair and won't be a suitable home for some baby chicks for quite some time. {Chicken coop fixin' isn't very high on Steven's do-to list. He's more interested in weed eaters, fence repair, and beginning construction on his man cave in the garage.} But I would love me some chickens..someday. 

And then there's this pretty intense tree fort in our backyard. {tree fort? tree house?} It's technically not in a tree just surrounded by a lot of foliage. 
This baby is coming down! Don't get me wrong, I too can appreciate a well constructed tree fort, but it seriously just takes up so much space in the backyard! With a massive chicken coop a lot of space is already taken up-- so the tree fort is history. 

Along with a hutch type structure that the previous owner possibly used as a shooting target filled with hay and a miniature out house that was obviously made for the umpa lumpa's from Willy Wonka. 

There is a lot of yard work to be done, folks!
Lots-and-lots-and-lots of yard work.

7 comments:

Cara said...

Fresh eggs are the best!! You will love that. Looks like a big project to rip down that tree house...

Unknown said...

Ahhh! Chicken coop?! We have chickens (about two months old) and are in the process of building our coop. The girls will be ready to move any day now and I can't wait till they start giving us delicious eggs! You have to get some!

Laura said...

Now that is pretty cool. I am so in love with your place. I want to see more and more and more pictures! It's so opposite to my city life and I love it!

poptartyogini said...

Chickens would be amazing and chicks would be adorable. Move the coop up on the list. No chickens allowed in the burbs so I'd love to follow someone's chicken's progress. Your yard looks womderful and I think I'd play in the fort!

MaLee said...

Sounds like some country living! I like the chicken coop idea! I'm sure those eggs will me much better than store bought.

Unknown said...

I would adore some chickens as well. Fresh eggs are the best! That coop is adorable!

Ula Heximer said...

Well, I hope that you get to repair your chicken coop soon. It’s the only place where chicken can roost comfortably. The repair job may sound hard, but it’s actually a piece of cake when everyone’s involved. =) Your backyard is so spacious, perfect for some planting greens and veggies along with raising poultry. Come to think of it, you may want to start a garden in there too. There’s a lot of space for you =)