photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

8.26.2013

Alki Beach

After spending the last few weekends at home feeling sick and grumpy, I decided we had to take advantage of the Seattle sunshine and my settled tummy and get out of the house! We headed to Alki Beach and walked around, people watched (and dog watched. Seattleites like their dogs.), and then stopped at Duke's for a bit to eat.
It was Huck's first adventure to the ocean! He was way more excited about greeting the other dogs by a nice butt sniff than getting in the water, but I still think he had fun!
And although after a while all the walking did upset my stomach a bit (apparently, baby wants me to be fat and lazy), it was so nice to get out of the house and move! Sometimes I forget about all the beauty Washington has to offer -- the amazing hiking trails, the ocean and tons of beautiful lakes. It's easy to get in a rut, doing the same ole' same ole' day in and out, but once you venture out your front door and remember there's a world out there, it's hard to want to do anything else but explore. Life is fun! And there's so much to see! All I need to do is remember to go outside :)

Hope you have a fun, adventure filled weekend as well!

Sami's Shenanigans

5 comments:

Charlotte Hayes said...

Oh my goodness these photos are BEAUTIFUL!! Ahhh I need a vacation so bad!

<3, Charlotte

Pamela said...

Love the second picture!!

Lauren // Pink on the Cheek said...

Huck pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you see any volleyball players out there? My girls play sand vball on Alki during the summer :) isn't it gorgeous out there?! And dukes? Yum!!

Nicole Marie said...

sorry you've been sick.. ps your dog is the cutest!