photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.30.2014

36 Weeks

Wow! 36 weeks pregnant...feeling large and not so in charge. This baby determines whether or not I have a good day or a crazy uncomfortable, I-wanna-punch-everyone-who-talkes-to-me-in-the-face day! (Like how I'm already blaming everything on the kid?) :)
Baby: Baby is 36 weeks and the size of a honeydew. As this point, if he was born he could probably breathe on his own, his liver and kidneys are in full working order, and his circulation and immune systems are working properly, too. Unfortunately, baby is posterior (or sunny side up), meaning I may experience that lovely back labor I've heard so much about if he doesn't turn soon. He is head down though and that's the most important thing.

Weight: I'm up 36 lbs. I've officially surpassed the recommended weight gain for healthy mothers by 1 whole pound! This means I can stop trying to be good and just consume chocolate milkshakes and BLT's until I go into a food coma, right? Midwives never say anything about my weight and seem very unconcerned. My husband on the other hand was sweet enough to inform me that I'm almost to his high school weight. Thanks, Stevie.

Symptoms: I feel best when I'm at home being active. Even if that only means I'm standing up doing the dishes or putting away laundry. I am super uncomfortable at work. I feel restless sitting at my desk all day and my back aches to the point of putting me in tears. I brought in one of those huge exercising balls to sit on, and although I feel like a weirdo using it at work, my back pain has diminished remarkably! (Also, my midwife just informed me that the exercise ball would help turn my baby just by sitting in it versus my office chair...so crossing my fingers!) Other symptoms are still trouble sleeping and a little heartburn in the evenings. 

Sleep: The last 2 weeks were probably the worst when it came to sleeping. I wouldn't be surprised if I was averaging about 2 hours of sleep a night. But then last night something glorious happened! I slept for 10 hours. TEN HOURS! It was amazing. Yes, I still had to get up and go to the bathroom a lot but I had no trouble falling back asleep in between. I think I just hit that point of exhaustion where my body just had to completely shut down and rest. I feel great this morning! 

Cravings/Aversions:  I'm craving chocolate milkshakes and BLT sandwiches. Not necessarily together... although I wouldn't refuse that either. 

Body: Same as before. No stretch marks, no water retention, better skin than earlier in my pregnancy, and full hair. Nothing really to complain about other than my weight gain.

Random Thoughts: People love to tell me that I don't even look pregnant from behind but then I turn around and I look like a giant moose. Okay, so they leave out the giant moose part but I know what they're thinking. 

I'm beginning to actually feel prepared for our little guy's arrival! We basically have everything we need setup and ready to go. Last week I started making freezer meals and I plan on making one every week until baby shows up. That way Steven and I can spend more time bonding with baby those first 2 weeks and less time preparing meals. All I have left to do is put in baby's carseat, make a few more freezer meals, and begin washing his clothes :) YAY!!! I can't wait to meet you little, babe!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

You look beautiful! Don't worry about the weight, just enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy. I worried about my weight for both my pregnancies and I wish I hadn't. It comes off. :)

Megan said...

love this!!! you look great! who cares about the weight gain....i'm pretty much right there with you and i figure, i'm going to be losing some anyways after baby is born so what's an extra few pounds! LOL

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

Looking great!!! Although your husband's comment was probably the last thing you wanted to hear. :) I say milkshakes and BLTs are the way to go if you want them. I doubt you can actually fit a whole lot into your stomach right now anyway. And the milk and bacon are protein that the baby needs, right?!? Dr. Brewer would approve. :)

Eloquent Obi said...

beautiful! almost there! baby will be oh so adorable!

Anonymous said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant lady ever!!! I had back labour with both of my kids - I didn't even realize I was IN labour, because I didn't know back labour was a thing! I must've skipped that part of the pregnancy books … I just used a magic bag and I got through it :)

Nikki said...

Chocolate milkshakes have been my biggest pregnanct craving!

Callie said...

You look adorable! I hope he turns for you, but don't worry too much - I had back labor with both of my labors, and it's not so bad if you are able to get on your hands and knees! Glad the sleeping has gotten better - only two hours a night would be miserable!