photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

1.01.2015

In 2014 I Became a Mother

In 2014 I became a mother. I experienced a range of emotion I never even knew excited. I lost a lot of sleep and had to make a lot of hard decisions.  At times I felt such love, appreciation and joy, and at other times I felt myself being engulfed in misery and an overwhelming sense of failure. I cried a lot, but I also laughed.  I quit my job, but they fought for me... and I can't even put into words how good that makes me feel. I struggled finding the balance between working from home and caring for my son around the clock. I still haven't perfected it, and know I never will. I grew a lot. I questioned myself more than I should. And I'm still growing, changing, and finding my way.
In 2014 I fell more in love with my husband. The father of our beautiful, little boy. I saw a tenderness in him I hadn't seen before, a patience I, at times, was envious of, and a love for our son that was simply the most attractive thing I have even seen. He is a great husband, an amazing father, and a blessing to me and Jack each and everyday.
In 2014 I welcomed a son. Jack Ryan has stolen my heart and the limelight on this blog (oh, wait... you hadn't noticed??) Watching him grow has been an exciting, albeit emotional, journey that I am grateful for each day. My little family (Huckleberry included, of course) brings me more joy than I could ever fathom describing. I am blessed. So, so blessed. And very grateful for this past year and all it has brought me and taught me.
2014 was a great year, and I pray for many more to come.
Happy New Year, friends!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

This is such a beautiful post! I especially like the picture of Huckleberry with tiny Jack ... Is he still as big a fan of the little guy? Our dog, Chloe, is very tolerant of the kids but she seems less and less so the older they get, since they can harass her more!