photo Header_zps24cd14cd.png

7.31.2012

When Mice Poop In Your Slippers...

You buy a cat.

Last Thursday I did a deep cleaning in our home. The scrub baseboards and dust ceiling fans kind of cleaning. Our house is never really that dirty. I'm basically a cleaning Nazi and keep the home looking shiny and new. {Although, we currently do not own a vacuum cleaning. Which is terrible and drives me insane!} So when I was cleaning out our master closet and found mouse dropping  in Steven's slippers I freaked out. {Naturally.} Then Steven and I had a conversation that went something like this.

D - Babe, maybe we should get a cat to take care of the mice problem. 
S - Okay.

That was it! I know, very, very stimulating conversation we have. 

So, we searched Craigslist until we found the cheapest kitten available and ended up with this blue-eyed cutie. Everyone, meet Herschel!
He is so tiny it makes me nervous! I feel like I'm going to crush his ribs when I pick him up...
But if he ever does have an untimely death, I'm quite certain it will be because Huckleberry licked him to death.
He was cautious when first meeting Huck, but with a little coaxing he came out of the carrier and began exploring his new home. Huck just licked him. Everywhere. Like intense, slobbery licks. Herschel was thoroughly soaked within a few minutes from all Huck's kisses.
Hopefully, he will grow up to be a vicious mouse/rat/mole killer. I know he doesn't  look too vicious at the moment, but, trust me, all cats are vicious deep down. They are like secret ninjas ready to strike when you least expect it. 

Okay, maybe not all cats. But we do hope he has a high prey drive because mice are gross and moles ruin yards. True story.

All I have to say is that mouse is sure going to wish he never pooped in Steven's slippers. 

And I now own one freaking cute kitten.

28 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not a huge cat lover, but I must say. This is the cutest thing I have ever.
http://inthekitchenandonthecouch.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aww, he is absolutely adorable! I hope he turns into a hunter... most of our male cats haven't been hunters - they leave it to the females. But hopefully he won't be able to resist a mouse!

Unknown said...

Um, the cuteness of Huck already makes me melt. I simply think I will die from all the cuteness of Huck and Hershel. Period. The end.

k8te said...

omg, he is TOO cute!! we did the exact same thing when i lived with roommates in the city..worked like a charm! i don't think our cat was/is (i got to keep her) that vicious but just knowing she was there i think scared the mice away!

Unknown said...

Your kitty is the cutest!!!

Beth W said...

Oh, I wish I'd known! I volunteer at MEOW cat rescue in Kirkland (near Bellevue) and we have a few good mousers for adoption.

Ah, well, Herschel is adorable, and hopefully is a natural at keeping pests away. Enjoy!

Anne @ Cup of Caffeine said...

Herschel is adorable! Hopefully he scares away all the rodents for you.

I'm loving my new Shark Professional Navigator vac. Personally, I think it does a better job than the Dyson and it has a hard floor attachment!

Kirsten Wiemer said...

i am so freaking jealous, you really dont even know. i want a kitty so bad. herschel is soooo cute, seriously though adorable.

K

Bev said...

I already LOOOOVE Herschel!
Watch he turns out like Sasha the immortal cat. :P
Herschel will watch your kids be born and grow and yeaaah. Ok, Im done. He's adorable.

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO cute!!

Miss Jewells said...

I'm not usually much of a cat person but Herschel is adorable! How sweet. I hope he takes care of the mice. We had a similar issue (although we found out the mice had been stealing the dog's food and storing it in our shoes in the closet, yuck!). Everyone told us to get a cat but I'm allergic and couldn't. After some hole patching and other methods I think we finally took care of it.

Good luck!!

Courtney said...

What a cute little kitty! So adorable that Huck licked him all over! (better than trying to eat him I'm sure haha)

Jamie said...

OMG HE IS SO DANG CUTE!!!

Rachel said...

Too cute. I hope your cat is a better hunter than mine, though. Cheeto much prefers to nap and cuddle than waste energy chasing things!

sea to shining port said...

So cute!!!

Joey Hodges said...

There aren't words to describe the level to which I love this post! Everything about it!!! And that is one freaking cute kitten!!! (and huck loving on him? I just can't stand it!!!). :-)

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I have tried to talk my hubby into getting a cat soo many times!! And of course the answer is always no! Can't believe how easy it was for you! Haha

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little kitty - and I love his name! If my husband wasn't allergic I'd probably have a house full of cats and dogs :)

Celeste said...

That is the cutest little kitten I've ever seen! I'm so jealous...my hubby refuses to let me have one. Such a hater.

Nadine said...

If you don't mind me asking (for my own future puppy's sake), how did you get Huck to be so friendly with him? My parents golden would have eaten him right up. Did you socialize Huck with cats when he was younger?

Kelsie said...

even though I am honestly not much of a cat person (I'm slightly allergic) your cat is soo freaking cute! Her eyes are precious

Ashley said...

Awww what a sweetie!!

I hope it is better at mousing than mine... all three of mine just play with them, I have yet to find one they have killed!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, cuteness!!

Megan @ InnerHappiness said...

Oh My! That is one cute little Kitten.

Megan @ InnerHappiness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hollie Ann said...

okay i honestly have kitty fever and this post is NOT helping! so, sooooo adorable!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG Hershal is adorable. Give him things to climb and chase. Cats like to be up high above everything. Mine jumps up on the top of the china cabinet and looks down. i am going to place some shelves in the living room for her to climb on and explore. Hopefully he won't bring that fresh caught rodent into your bed for your appreciation and approval.

Cocalores said...

Cutesy overload! Though it might be some time until Herschel starts to be master mouser ;-) Maybe your dog can take over until then - my dog Coca always trys to catch mice (and sometimes even successfully so), but I hate that! xo Anja