1.18.2013

Friday Feature // Southern Living, Our Way

If you haven't meant Alexa then you are definitely missing out on some side splinting, tear inducing laughter. Obviously, I love her because we have so much in common (newlywed, fur mamas who name inanimate objets), but I feel pretty confident that you'll fall in love with her too!
So without further ado, here's Alexa!
...................................
Hi there, y'all!
My name's Alexa and I'm the Southern not-so-Belle behind the blog Southern Living, Our Way. 
I blog about life as a newlywed to my handsome husband, the joys {and hilarity} of mommying a fur-baby who hates other dogs, loves cats and bananas, and thinks vacuums will commence the Apocalypse, and sometimes I just tell ridiculous stories that I assume people are interested in because I find them funny.

I swear, my head isn't too big.  :)

One such story happened just last month while I was doing some Christmas shopping. I was checking out at the Container Store, buying my husband an eye mask for sleep, because he complains constantly about my blogging in bed and keeping the light on when he wants to snoooooze. 
{Sorry hubs, I ain't sorry.}

The cashier, an older woman, and I get into a conversation about how her daughter bought that same eye mask and just loves it. I say it's for my husband and she gives me this super weird look, so I go into an explanation about how I'm often up late writing and it keeps him awake.
Writing = blogging. I wanted to sound more intellectual, duh.

But then Mrs. Lady asked what I write. Like I'm about to explain that I'm the next Emily Dickinson or something.

Naaaah.

"I have a blog. So, I umm blog a lot." 
{I'm super awkward ~ have we yet discussed this detail of my life?}
"Oh, that sounds fun. So you have your own website?" she asked.
"Well, sorta. It's kind of like an online journal. But not where I post my feelings and crap. I just write about my life and stuff that happens. And about my dog."
She gives me a puzzled look and responds, "And people read it?"
As badly as I wanted to be all, Of course they do, because I'm awesome. Haven't you gathered that in the last three minutes of our meet-and-greet?, I held my tongue and just smiled and shrugged my shoulders, saying,
"I'm as surprised as you are!"

I knew what she meant all along was, "You think your life is that interesting?"

And all along I thought, "My life rocks, dude. Rocks your silly face off."
So, that's me in a nutshell, y'all.

I think my life is interesting, so I write about it daily on my little corner of the interwebz.

I hope you'll hop on over to Southern Living, Our Way and follow along with the crazy!

4 comments:

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

I've come to the conclusion that people are rude because they are jealous that they don't have an awesome blog. You should have business cards made up to hand people when they say crap like that. ;)

Patty said...

Hahah cute, I'll have to check out her blog! Sounds like simliar experiences I've had! Have a great weekend Danielle!

Kym Fox @ Travel Babbles | Living the (hockey) Life said...

Hahahahahahaha, I have TOTALLY had that same conversation with people...."You mean...people actually want to read what you have to say?" Yes. Yes they do. lol #bloggerproblems.

Bon Bon said...

If I had a nickel for every time this has happened to me!:-) haha! So so true miss Alexa! xoxo