7.03.2012

Ashley From Rustic Living: A Marriage Tradition

Hi friends! Things are busy as ever with the wedding at the moment. Not sure if there are enough hours in the day to get everything done!!! So while I'm running errands and trying to remember how to breathe, read Ashley's guest post about her and her husband yearly tradition. Enjoy!
..............................
Hello everyone! My name is Ashley from Rustic Living. I'm so flattered that Danielle has asked me to be here with her wedding just right around the corner! I had the pleasure of creating Danielle's ring bearer pillow for her, you can see that post on her blog here. I'm so excited for Steven and Danielle to start their new life together! Marriage is such a blessing! Michael and I were married on June 10, 2009 in Boise, Idaho and just recently celebrated our third anniversary. To say time flies when you're having fun is an understatement! To be married to your best friend is such a gift from God that I treasure every day. Today I would like to share a tradition my husband and I started on our first anniversary to celebrate another wonderful year of marriage. We decided for each anniversary we would like to travel somewhere either one or both of us have never been.

Our first anniversary we headed to Boston, Massachusetts. We enjoyed a walk through the historical Freedom Trail and a Red Sox baseball game! 


For Anniversary Two we took a 10-day roadtrip to my husbands hometown of Haviland, Kansas. We camped along the way, hit up dozens of historical landmarks, and visited family and friends from Michael's childhood.

 
For our Third Anniversary we went on a camping trip to Stanley, Idaho. Michael enjoyed fly fishing while I caught up on my summer reading by the lake, and of course there were toasted marshmallows! 


Michael and I love to day dream about where our future anniversary trips will be. Maybe a gondola boat ride in Venice, Italy? A U.S. road trip from the East Coast to West Coast? One thing that I think is so important to do as a married couple is DREAM! Never stop sharing your ambitions and goals with your loved one. My favorite bible verse regarding marriage is Mark 10:6-9
, "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'  'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,  and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.  Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

Congrats Steven and Danielle! I'm so happy and excited for you to be united as one.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I love this tradition! My husband and I are starting something similar...our first anniversary is in September and we're planning a road trip to Austin and San Antonio. So fun!

Zara said...

I love this. We've been married for almost three years and we also travel for our anniversaries.

We actually forgo any kinds of presents and just put the money towards travel. Each one of us picks a place every other year.

We spent our first anniversary on a cruise going through the Caribbean and diving. Our second anniversary was spent in Las Vegas, with a quick trip to Washington DC to celebrate Thanksgiving with family, and this coming year we're heading to Mexico! :-)

Travel is the best gift anyone can give you!