3.26.2012

Another Baked Oatmeal Recipe

You know that feeling of being absolutely certain you left something in a particular spot, but when you go to grab it it's no longer there?? I am experiencing that right now and unfortunately, the missing object is my camera's memory card. SAD! For someone who does not lose things, losing things is very frustrating. 

Other than my memory card growing two legs and wandering off {I sure hope he comes back before today's end} I had a great weekend! Filled with sunshine, friends, good food, and my man. Speaking of good food, I have another baked oatmeal recipe to share with you folks! Quite different from my first attempt at baked oatmeal seen here, but still very, very TASTY!

Strawberry Baked Oatmeal:
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 tbsp + 1 tsp brown sugar 
½ cup milk 
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup honey
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup old fashioned oats
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Layer the strawberries on the bottom of the pan. Melt the butter and pour evenly over the strawberries.In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, honey, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together the oats, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and then pour the mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake uncovered for approximately 40 minutes.
I sprinkled more brown sugar on top right before I placed it in the oven. If you like walnuts, this recipe would be great with some chopped walnuts (or pecans??) on top as well! 
Hope you have a great start to your week! And if you see my memory card out and about, please tell him to come home :)

6 comments:

Zoë said...

Yum! Baked oatmeal is one of my favorite things, and I make it practically every weekend. Here's another recipe for you to try, can't wait to make yours!
http://www.fromatozoe.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-sun-valley-style.html

Tyah Ferguson said...

Um hello this looks fReAkiNg-fAnTaStiC!!! I cannot wait to attempt this recipe!! Thanks for sharing it by the way!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I had oatmeal and a banana this morning but I'd rather of had this! My son would love this!

his little Lady said...

oh my YUM!!! definitely need to make myself one! you can never go wrong with strawberries ;)
xo TJ

Kimberly said...

I love these baked oatmeal recipes. Thanks for sharing a new one.

Mrs Independent said...

Yum! I can't wait to try this. I've had a blueberry version "pinned" for a while, but this looks much more appealing.

Jamie
http://independentmrs.blogspot.com/