12.16.2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes

First off, I know a lot of you checking out my blog today heard about me through Jenni's blog {isn't she the sweetest?} and I want to say thank you for stopping by. I know if you read her blog then you have great taste! So, I'm happy to have you.  My original plan for today was to finally put mine and Steven's love story to paper {errr, I mean to blog} but due to my work's Christmas party today, some intense cupcake making stole the top spot on my to-do list. You can read more about me here though!

..............

So, what do you think about rich, chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and a reese's peanut butter cup on top? I felt pretty good about it when I read the recipe here and even better when I realized there was even an extra reese's cup inside the delectable creation! And since today is our work Christmas party, I spent all last night making 3 dozen of these heavenly edibles.

Here's what you need:
Batter
miniature peanut butter cups
1 box Duncan Hines® Milk Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix {I used Betty Crocker Triple Fudge Chocolate Cake mix instead}
3 large eggs
1/4 c water
1/2 c oil
Icing:
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/4 c butter, softened
2 c powdered sugar, sifted
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Remove foil and cups from candy pieces. Set aside. Prepare brownie {cake} mix as described on box to make cakey brownies using the eggs, water and oil. Fill each up about 2/3 full with batter. Place 1 unwrapped candy piece, upside down, on top of batter in each cup. Lightly tap piece down into batter. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cup comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Place on wire rack; cool completely. Make icing by placing peanut butter and butter into medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and creamy; scrape bowl. Add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat on low speed 1 minute; scrape bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread about 2 tablespoons of icing on each cupcake leaving the edge un-iced.  Top each cupcake with a peanut butter cup. 

Note: I tripled this recipe, but the above is for 12-14 cupcakes; however, if you like frosting {and trust me, this peanut butter frosting is outrageously delicious} I would double the frosting recipe.

Fingers crossed that my co-workers love these! And thanks again for stopping by! Be sure to check back again soon if you want to read my love story!

13 comments:

Liz Brown said...

Those look Delish. I think I might try them.

I'll definitely drop back by and read the love story!!! I'm following just to be sure not to miss it!

Elle said...

These look amazing! My hubby would love them. I may just have to surprise him this weekend...thanks for the recipe!

Jenn said...

These look delicious! Thanks for the recipe, i'll definately be making these!

Britney @ twenty-somethingwife said...

Totally found you blog from Story of my life! Love it - we both have an obsession with our pups.

I'll add your button to my blog :)

www.twenty-something-wife.com

Britney @ twenty-somethingwife said...

womp the picture is not working correctly :(

Rachel said...

I saw these cupcakes on Pinterest....they look great!

Holly said...

Wow, those look amazing! Anything with chocolate and peanut butter together = amazing in my book :D I'll definitely check back to read your love story - I added you to my google reader so I won't miss it :)

Elisabeth said...

ummmm..... can i just say those look divine! i am about to pin them off your site once i finish this comment. and yes, i'm finding your from jenni's blog. i just found hers today and i fell in love, seriously.

your coworkers will love them. if the taste even half as good as they look.

love your newest follower,
elisabeth

Heather B {dreaming big} said...

Oh so good! These look totally pro too. Whenever I try things like this they never look as polished as the photo I'm replicating. Nice work - now I'm gonna go eat something!

I am Megan said...

Oh my hat! That looks like death in the form of a cupcake :) delish!

July said...

Definitely found your blog through Jenni, and I love it!! I am totally trying this cupcake recipe. I am a big cupcake lover!!

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

I'm not a huge sweets person, but seriously, one has a problem if they can resist chocolate with peanut butter anything. Lol. Yummmm.

Roxy said...

yikes! I did not know I can produce so much saliva...
YUM