12.02.2011

Espresso Chocolate Chip Bread

Happy Friday, friends! Aren't you glad the weekends almost here? That means long bubble baths, working on my novel, and playing with my pup! (Hope you have a more exciting weekend planned than me! :P) 

Anyways, I have a very yummy recipe I'd like to share with you. It contains 2 of my most favorite things in this world--coffee and chocolate! Yum! This is what you'll need.

Yes, I opened my brown sugar bag upside down. Oops.
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
*The original recipe also calls for 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (very ripe), I had to forego them though because Steven hates bananas. The recipe was still very yummy without them though!

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, sugars, butter, milk, and egg; set aside.
  3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Transfer batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
  5. Then you eat it...duh.

Great in the morning with a cup of coffee (Umm what goes better with coffee bread other than more coffee?) or after din din to satisfy my sweet tooth! I hope you enjoy it as well!

1 comment:

Kristin Harvey said...

Ohhh yum! I will be making this very soon! Thanks for the recipe!